HealthRHYTHMS® is a fun, evidence-based whole person strategy which promotes socialization and ensures a healthy non-strenuous workout. On a deeper level it builds bridges while fostering nurturing, support, camaraderie, self-respect and respect for others. It is not really about drumming, but uses the drum as a tool for communication and personal expression. This system can be integrated as a therapeutic strategy in group counseling sessions, support groups, rehabilitation centers, schools, hospitals, aging facilities and more.
The HealthRHYTHMS Protocol is the foundation of our HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming Program, and consists of a series of 10 steps participants are guided through to facilitate communication and personal expression. Research has shown the results can include: increase in natural killer cell activity, reduction in stress and burnout rates, improvement in mood states, enhanced creativity and bonding, and more. (See Research for Details) We offer numerous training opportunities throughout the year.
About Our Training
We have 3 Inspirational Hands-On HealthRHYTHMS Training Programs to prepare you to facilitate HealthRHYTHMS in your community.
1. HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming Facilitation Training (Basic Training) - you will learn foundational HealthRHYTHMS facilitation skills, the research that started it all and basic tools for marketing your HealthRHYTHMS-based programs. Please note: this training is vital and required to learn to facilitate HealthRHYTHMS regardless of what other credentials or training you may have had.
2. HealthRHYTHMS Adolescent Protocol Facilitation Training - you will learn to facilitate an evidence-based, 6-week HealthRHYTHMS program for at-risk populations. This program is a derivative of the HealthRHYTHMS Protocol, developed and researched in juvenile rehabilitation environment. (Prerequisite: HealthRHYTHMS Basic Training)
3. HealthRHYTHMS Advanced Strategies Training - you will learn strategies for establishing yourself as an exceptional facilitator. You'll be challenged, encouraged and empowered to take your HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation skills to the next level. (Prerequisite: HealthRHYTHMS Basic Training & 6 months HealthRHYTHMS facilitation experience)
To increase accessibility and maximize safety, we offer HealthRHYTHMS training via the video conferencing platform Zoom.
1. HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming ONLINE Facilitation Training (Basic Training) - you will learn foundational HealthRHYTHMS facilitation skills, the research that started it all and basic tools for marketing your HealthRHYTHMS-based programs. The training is aimed at providing you the skills to facilitate HealthRHYTHMS with tips for online facilitation. Included in the training is an online community for training cohort members to ask questions and receive continued support.
2. HealthRHYTHMS Refresher & Online Tools – One Day Advanced Training - you will learn new and additional research, review and practice HealthRHYTHMS protocol. Gain insight to marketing and selling HealthRHYTHMS program as well as specialized applications of the protocol such as HealthRHYTHMS on college campus counseling center, at the VA Hospital and HealthRHYTHMS for wellness during COVID-19. (Prerequisite: HealthRHYTHMS Basic Training)
Our goal is to establish group drumming as an integral "whole person" component for use in conventional healthcare and wellness environments.
These environments include: hospitals, schools, outpatient facilities, clinics, drug & alcohol rehab centers, nursing homes, wellness centers, community outreach organizations, assisted living units, senior centers, prisons, juvenile rehabilitation programs and more. Wherever wellness outcomes are sought, HealthRHYTHMS can be a useful tool.
HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming Facilitator Training (Basic Training)
What Will I Learn?
Our basic training program includes 4 foundational strategies that will help you:
1. Understand the science of the mind-body connection in the context of music-making
2. Learn the HealthRHYTHMS protocol and how to use it a rhythm prescription for participants to benefit from active music-making
3. Develop effective HealthRHYTHMS group empowerment drumming facilitation skills
4. Create and market integrated group drumming healthcare programs in your community
How is the Program Presented?
Our program is offered as an enjoyable 2-Day workshop. This intensive, engaging "hands on" training provides a comprehensive educational experience that will enable you to successfully introduce HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming in your area.
" This seminar was the best I have seen in quality of information, practical application based on sound scientific research, excellent visuals…” Laura Paulak, Ph.D. Biochemistry, Specialty Immunology/Genetics
Who Should Attend?
Our program is open to doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, social workers, counselors, psychiatrists, teachers, musicians, music-therapists, recreation therapists, occupational therapists, HR professionals and other interested individuals who wish to integrate group drumming activities within a chosen healthcare or wellness setting in their workplace or community.
What is Included?
- Training manual (Print & Electronic Copy), which is NOT available for purchase outside of attending the training program. The manual is designed to minimize note taking.
- Reprints of our research and related articles on HealthRHYTHMS. We provide these materials to support you in communicating the programs’ credibility.
- NEW Digital Marketing Kit - Comprehensive kit of marketing tools and tutorials valued at over $7,500)
- NEW Facilitation Support Pack (Valued at $699)
- Free listing in our global website Facilitator Finder, free access to advertise your HealthRHYTHMS-based sessions on our website
- Use of a Remo drum during training
- Lunch on each training day (unless otherwise specified)
- Certificate of Completion - 15.0 Hours of Training (For each training completed, delivered electronically after the training concludes)
- Surprise Gifts (Delivered after the training)
Continuing Music Therapy Education Credit
HealthRHYTHMS Group Empowerment Drumming (Basic Training) is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 15 continuing music therapy education (CMTE) credits. Remo, Inc. #P–073, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria. (These credits are only applicable if you are a board-certified music therapist renewing your credential.)
No prior musical experience is necessary. You do not have to be a healthcare professional, musician or a drummer to attend this program. Please note that attending HealthRHYTHMS Training does not qualify you to be a music therapist. If you are planning to use HealthRHYTHMS in a clinical setting and you are not a licensed clinician, we recommend you partner with a clinical professional.
We are growing and expanding our training team to make the training more accessible. Our world-class training team consists of experts in the fields of: neuroscience, aging, corporate team building, music therapy, counseling and healthcare administration.
Our training is offered in different locations around the world. If you would like to bring HealthRHYTHMS Training to your organization, and you have a minimum of 15 participants, contact us about privately hosting the training at your facility.
*You may also find our current training events by clicking "Health & Wellness and selecting the "Events" filter.