Remo
DrumTalk » Education

How Does It Work--Pitch Shift
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster How Does It Work--Pitch Shift
ShinyMcShine

No. 1 Posted on Dec 1, 2014 10:20 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was watching Jeff Ocheltree's YouTube video of John Bonham's kit. When he hits the 16" tom, there's a definite pitch transition of about a minor third. Can anyone explain how the heads interact to produce this?

I know that it's a coated Ambassador on the bottom and a 2 ply coated Emperor on the top and it's pretty clear that he tunes them higher on the bottom and lower on the top.

What I'm hoping for is a detailed discussion of the process from the strike to the final decay including the way the weight difference between the top and bottom head plays into it etc etc. Basically, really geek out on the details.

Thanks.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
1896 How Does It Work--Pitch Shift ShinyMcShine 635 Dec 1, 2014 10:20 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds