Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Bearing edge angles
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Bearing edge angles
Singlestroker

No. 1 Posted on Oct 13, 2014 4:23 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
There is a lot of talk on forums about the alleged virtues of various angles at which bearing edges are cut. I have been giving the matter a little more thought now that I am about to add a resonating head to a concert tomtom.

I have come to the conclusion that it is the width of timber, metal or whatever the material is from which the drum is made that affects the performance of the drum. In other words, I do not believe that the angle makes the remotest difference to the sound, except insofar as affects the width of contact with the head.

Please shoot me down if I am wrong here, but for the moment, I am shelving the set of blades that I had bought for my old router, ready to get to work.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
1413 Bearing edge angles Singlestroker 706 Oct 13, 2014 4:23 AM
183 Re:Bearing edge angles Hotchops857 775 Jan 26, 2016 5:01 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds