Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

DW MM series comparing DW Jazz series shell packs
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster DW MM series comparing DW Jazz series shell packs
Don

No. 1 Posted on Jan 5, 2013 2:17 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
DW drummers out there, I'm looking to hear from those who own either a Maple-Mahogany 4 piece kit or a Jazz Series 4 piece kit.
I'd like to hear from your personal experience using your set, what you like about the projection,tone,and volume in live unmiked performance from either kit.
I've looked at ALL and I mean ALL the DW videos either from DW or Memphis Drum Shop. I've watched Peter Erskin's videos using the Maple-Mahogany kit as well as other videos of him for Evans drumheads using his Jazz kit.
I play more general business music and tend to do lean more to Peter's style of music when choosing a new set. I do some rock but more swing, latin, ballroom type music.
I noted Peter uses a 16x18 kick, which brings out my main question. I currently use a 16x20 Collectors Maple kick. I DON'T want to order a new kit with a 16x18, for me not enough volume playing live and unmiked. What's I'd like to hear back is which size, 14x20 or a 16x20 would work out best for the type of music I'm playing. I'll also have a 7771 rail (tom)mount installed. I thought about having a 770S short cymbal arm installed for my 22" ride but feel that it would lean over too far into the center top of the kick. Or, I should I continue to use a cymbal stand. Any thoughts on BOTH questions ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
712 DW MM series comparing DW Jazz series shell packs Don 1323 Jan 5, 2013 2:17 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds