Remo
DrumTalk » Health Rhythms

HealthRhythms with autism Spectrum youth
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster HealthRhythms with autism Spectrum youth
mick8535

No. 1 Posted on Sep 16, 2014 7:01 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi there fellow drumming peeps!!!

I have a job interview coming up for a position as a Mobile Therapist (I'm a licensed social worker who works with families).

I would love to be able to, in the interview, suggest what I might be able to do as far as applying HR's and drumming in working with young people with autism (alas, I am not very familiar with autism yet).

Do any of you have any hands-on experience with autism and HR's, and if so, can you suggest any ways and ideas with which I might use this work on an individual, one on one, or possibly a family context?

I have a good sense of how a so-called normal child responds to drum type work, but I assume it's much different with a child with autism, yes?

Any info, suggestions, or leads to resources would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mick

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
23 HealthRhythms with autism Spectrum youth mick8535 825 Sep 16, 2014 7:01 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 9 milliseconds