Remo
DrumTalk » Support

General Question about the Forum
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Topic Moved
This topic has been moved by - Crusher , Jan 5, 2007 2:41 PM
You may read the board announcement or contact board moderators for the reasons.
Poster General Question about the Forum
Sonordrummr

No. 1 Posted on Jan 5, 2007 1:41 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey guys,

This might be a silly question, but what is the meaning of "Score" that is affiliated with our name? I have seen some be negative and others > 30. What do you have to do to score around here??
Thanks...

Mike

Sonor Force 2003 fusion in Midnight Black
12x7 Mapex Black Panther Maple/Cherry Snare
Sabian cymbals: AAX, HHX, AA and B8 series
Vater and Pro-Mark sticks
Sonor, Tama, Pearl and PDP hardware

ModernDrummer

No. 2 Posted on Jan 5, 2007 2:33 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
No one really seems to know what part the 'Score' really plays. When this latest version of the forum began, it was rumored that those with a higher 'score' would have certain features added to their posting ability.

As far as I know, nothing like that has ever been implemented. I was initially given a score of '10', which was supposed to be highest (0 - 10). But as you've noted, others have scores outside of that scale.

There was some allusion to receiving a higher score if you more "interesting" or "relevant" posts, and provided more "good" information to the drum forum (answered questions thoroughly, gave "good" advice, etc.), but who knows?

I've been here longer than any other forum member, and all I know about 'Score' is that it seems to be an arbitrary number assigned by SOMEONE based on how well liked you are, or how well you 'behave', or Grandma Moses cookie receipe, or SOMETHING, LOL.

For me, IF it's based on some arbitrary factor that's based on the opinion of some arbitrary person and assigned in that sort of arbitrary manner, it's completely irrelevant anyway.

ModernDrummer edited on Jan 5, 2007 2:41 PM

07 May, 2001

pwc

No. 3 Posted on Jan 6, 2007 12:39 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
This topic comes up from time to time and what I understood at one time was that only Super Mods (Remo execs)award points and it was intended for their internal marketing intelligence use for posts that were of assistance to their product marketing.

The idea may have been linked to winning something but that has - to my knowledge - never been the case even though chances to win something are part of the forum's statement of content offerings.

I treat it as just a number and as important as the post count - e.g. not at all important since not all post are counted anyway.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Sonordrummr

No. 4 Posted on Jan 8, 2007 12:23 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks guys. I was just curious!

Sonor Force 2003 fusion in Midnight Black
12x7 Mapex Black Panther Maple/Cherry Snare
Sabian cymbals: AAX, HHX, AA and B8 series
Vater and Pro-Mark sticks
Sonor, Tama, Pearl and PDP hardware

Coop12

No. 5 Posted on Mar 15, 2007 1:17 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I give useful advice, but never get any score.:~)

Texray1

No. 6 Posted on Mar 16, 2007 5:14 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Then maybe you better rethink the first part of that statement.
;)

kudoco

Adrian

No. 7 Posted on Mar 16, 2007 10:39 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I tought the score function was disabled

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.
CavalierDrummer

No. 8 Posted on Mar 17, 2007 2:16 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Sonordrummr wrote:
Hey guys,

This might be a silly question, but what is the meaning of "Score" that is affiliated with our name? I have seen some be negative and others > 30. What do you have to do to score around here??
Thanks...

Mike

I was wondering the same thing...

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 18 milliseconds