Remo
DrumTalk » Marching

Tenor Tips?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Tenor Tips?
percussionlife

No. 1 Posted on Oct 15, 2013 2:25 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I am in need of tenor tips. I am originally a mallet player. I'm really good at the mallets. I do four mallets in marching band, but the band director told me I can now do the quads. So now I am playing them at football games and parades. I am terrible! I really don't know what to do better. The band director doesn't even know how to help me. I'm all on my own when it comes to them. If I don get any better I might end up losing them and I really don't want to. I was put on mallets because I am a girl, and I waited 6 years for a drum. I played toms, snare and bass occasionally in concert band.
I really don't want to lose my tenors. I'm in love with them I just don't know where to start to get better. What should I do? What are some good websites and stuff?

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 2 Posted on Oct 17, 2013 1:46 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
When I was coming up, I used Bill Bachman's book, Quad Logic. It's a great learning tool. Bachman is an incredible player, and he's really good at breaking everything down to a level where it's easy to learn. I'd definitely recommend starting there or trying to find some of his videos on youtube. If you search back through this forum, you'll probably find some good advice from past posts on this topic as well.

If you're looking for more specific advice, what exactly is giving you the most trouble? Is it just the difficulty of moving a lick around the drums? Or are you just still adjusting to playing on a drum at all after so much time on mallets?

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors 08-09 USSBA South States Percussion Champ
Tenors 09-10 USSBA Natl Champ Percussion, 2nd Overall
Tenors 10-11 USSBA TN State Champ
US Army All-American Band
Tenors '11

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds