Remo
DrumTalk » Marching

Heads For Pearl FFX
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Heads For Pearl FFX
jred95

No. 1 Posted on Sep 30, 2011 5:42 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I am using a 13" Pearl FFX Marching snare with the falams II with dot on top and the falams II snare side on the bottom. the snare drum sounds very hollow and has a dark tones and yet i have it cranked up high. what should i do to get a short drum-corps sounding snare?

Texray1

No. 2 Posted on Oct 19, 2011 7:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have an older Pearl marching snare with those same heads and it sounds great. Are you playing it in a small enclosed room or outside? That will make a big difference in the sound.

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 3 Posted on Nov 14, 2011 9:07 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I know it's kinda really late to reply to this, but are you just cranking the top or are you also paying attention to the bottom head as well? Tuning on the bottom can affect your sound just as much as tuning on the top.

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors 08-09 USSBA South States Percussion Champ
Tenors 09-10 USSBA Natl Champ Percussion, 2nd Overall
Tenors 10-11 USSBA TN State Champ
US Army All-American Band
Tenors '11

willwalker

No. 4 Posted on Dec 27, 2011 12:53 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
kinda late, but you could turn the guts off and tap next to each lug to make sure all lugs r cranked to the same pitch. You should also tune your guts so they are at the same pitch. The higher the better.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 16 milliseconds