Remo
DrumTalk » Marching

How do you purchase a used dci/wgi drum?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster How do you purchase a used dci/wgi drum?
dcowley

No. 1 Posted on Mar 22, 2011 2:54 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Im interested in eventually purchasing a used dci/wgi snare drum but i dont know how. anybody know how or even have any ideas on how to?

Boojum

that

No. 2 Posted on Mar 24, 2011 5:36 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I know with horns a lot of the time, the corps will sell them off after the season and all you have to do is get in touch with the director and see what he says. However, with drums, I don't know if that's the case. Because they're specially designed every year, at least in terms of finish/wrap, I don't know if the manufacturer takes them back after that year and then sells them themselves or if the corps has the option of selling them. Usually though, if they sell them, they'll sell them as a set (or the majority of them as a set) to a high school or other group.

I have some friends I can ask, though, let me get back to you on this.

I wanted a Monty Python quote but it was too many chars...
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.'
-Aristotle.
'Spell it right. Or else.'
-El Booj
dcowley

No. 3 Posted on Mar 24, 2011 11:15 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
okay thanks

Texray1

No. 4 Posted on Apr 1, 2011 11:34 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Do you specifically want a drum that has been played by a corps, or just one that is of the same model and type?

Craigslist is full of nice corps level snare drums here in the Dallas area. I got a Pearl split shell like Phantom used back in the 90s for $50! He only wanted $75 to start with and it's in great shape. I put new heads on it and it sounds awesome.

But I also see some of the newer Yamaha SFZ models and they are going in the $300 range. Ouch.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 15 milliseconds