Remo
DrumTalk » Marching

your ugly faces not mine( it's pretty)
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Re:your ugly faces not mine( it's pretty) [Re:delmar]
peopleofgod12

No. 326 Posted on Dec 28, 2006 9:35 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
****DIRECTORS*****

Boojum

that

No. 327 Posted on Dec 28, 2006 10:18 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lol.

I hate sousaphones...

Contra is where it's at.

I wanted a Monty Python quote but it was too many chars...
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.'
-Aristotle.
'Spell it right. Or else.'
-El Booj
Texray1

No. 328 Posted on Dec 29, 2006 10:41 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
In my senior year in high school, 1979, our tuba section got new over-the-shoulder contrabasses and they looked so cool, we let them hang out with the drumline once in a while. Just the contrabasses, mind you, not the actual players.

peopleofgod12

No. 329 Posted on Dec 29, 2006 3:20 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I hate them also

but my band director (Kevin Rabon, PR Brass Captian head)

said that the corp hornes arent very good?

hard to believe but idk....

Boojum

that

No. 330 Posted on Dec 30, 2006 2:03 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well... There's a number of reasons for that opinion. The old kings are small and hard to hold, I don't like them that much, and the newer ones tend to break a lot because they're a prototype horn and they're custom. But they sound awesome, and they're incredibly easy to play on. They're much better than the horns I played on last year. The dyNastys are terrible. They're heavy and they sound bad.

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.'
-Aristotle.
-El Booj
peopleofgod12

No. 331 Posted on Dec 30, 2006 2:16 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well, my question is

is there actually a band in texas that has them?

Boojum

that

No. 332 Posted on Dec 30, 2006 5:12 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've seen one... But I forget where it was...

-Aristotle.
-El Booj
Slildrummerboy

No. 333 Posted on Jan 3, 2007 2:42 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
my band director is an abutt

Go Cavaliers!
Crusher

No. 334 Posted on Jan 9, 2007 6:53 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Bump

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
pwc

No. 335 Posted on Jan 9, 2007 7:00 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Who gave you that bump on your face, Crusher ? ... Clown

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
delmar

FEMUR

No. 336 Posted on Jan 11, 2007 1:11 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
well i guess it's time for an update here. iam on 3rd

CorpsVets Drum & Bugle Corps. - Staff
Alliance Drum & Bugle Corps - Staff
Atlanta CV INDOOR - Staff
Frequency INC. - Staff
Shorter Percussion - Staff

QueenOfQuints

No. 337 Posted on Jan 15, 2007 12:55 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
delmar wrote:
well i guess it's time for an update here. iam on 3rd

Damn delmar, I wish my indoor line had those hot pink covers. Those are pretty badass. Smile

"Dude, someone just kicked all the other tenors' asses... and it's a GIRL!" -Some kid at camp I overheard :D
delmar

FEMUR

No. 338 Posted on Jan 16, 2007 8:59 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
this isn't indoor this was corpsvets open house! and i hate those damn things they blind you like a littile mirror

Frequency INC. - Staff

QueenOfQuints

No. 339 Posted on Jan 16, 2007 10:04 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
delmar wrote:
this isn't indoor this was corpsvets open house! and i hate those damn things they blind you like a littile mirror

I didn't say it was indoor; I only said I wish my indoor line had them.

And that was a weird analogy- pink material blinding someone like a little mirror? I suppose you mean it's just tough to look at after awhile. Wouldn't be an issue as a tenor though. Smile

"Dude, someone just kicked all the other tenors' asses... and it's a GIRL!" -Some kid at camp I overheard :D
delmar

FEMUR

No. 340 Posted on Jan 18, 2007 11:29 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
not really no

Frequency INC. - Staff

layindown

No. 341 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 1:47 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
So I'm sure this has been said before, but why has this thread not been moved to General Discussion? Seems kinda silly to keep it in Marching. Besides, we all know that REAL drumming is behind a set - KIDDING! Smile

I wish I got into drums in high school so I could have been in marching band...eh, oh well!

"A truly wise man knows he has much to learn..."

delmar

FEMUR

No. 342 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 2:37 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BECOUSE I STARTEDAND I AM A MARCHING FORUM ONLY GUY. NO NOT REALLY I DON'T KNOW BUT IT DOESN'T ATTER CUZ THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE POSTED ON IT ARE ALL MARCHERS

Frequency INC. - Staff

layindown

No. 343 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 3:37 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
delmar wrote:
BECOUSE I STARTEDAND I AM A MARCHING FORUM ONLY GUY. NO NOT REALLY I DON'T KNOW BUT IT DOESN'T ATTER CUZ THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE POSTED ON IT ARE ALL MARCHERS

Well that plain sucks. Us set drummers are just as good looking as any of you marching drummers! At least that's what my Mommy tells me...

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 344 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 3:54 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yeah, but the point of this was for marchers to post themselves, and themselves marching. i rarely post anywhere other than here, and besides, i'm pretty sure crusher asked about that before and we all voted no.

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors 08-09 USSBA South States Percussion Champ
Tenors 09-10 USSBA Natl Champ Percussion, 2nd Overall
Tenors 10-11 USSBA TN State Champ
US Army All-American Band
Tenors '11

layindown

No. 345 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 5:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
drumbum593 wrote:
yeah, but the point of this was for marchers to post themselves, and themselves marching. i rarely post anywhere other than here, and besides, i'm pretty sure crusher asked about that before and we all voted no.

Voted? Haha, ok.

Crusher

No. 346 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 5:25 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
layindown wrote:
Voted? Haha, ok.

So what is so funny? They started the thread and I thought it was a good idea to sticky it. So I proposed the idea and the marchers voted and agreed to it. Besides that if the marchers felt a bit more comfortable or accepted in the general part of the forum I would have posted it there. But seeing how almost every time a marcher posts there they get told by some arsehead to go to "their own forum" I decided that it was best here.

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
layindown

No. 347 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 6:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Crusher wrote:
So what is so funny? They started the thread and I thought it was a good idea to sticky it. So I proposed the idea and the marchers voted and agreed to it. Besides that if the marchers felt a bit more comfortable or accepted in the general part of the forum I would have posted it there. But seeing how almost every time a marcher posts there they get told by some arsehead to go to "their own forum" I decided that it was best here.

"So what is so funny?" I really won't reply to that since I don't want to say something I will regret later.

On the subject of funny, however, I find it funny that I don't feel as welcome here in the marching section just as much as some of the marchers would not feel welcome elsewhere. That is a shame, Crusher. I just thought the picture thread post was a cool idea and thought it would be nice to invite ALL remo forum users to have access to it. Since there is obvious discrimination here on the boards (and THAT is funny), I though maybe it would be better suited in the "General" section. Looks like ED Rock though the same - but, hey - they voted.

If people can't even get along on an online forum, it's no surprise the world is in the state it is in. What a shame, what a shame.

pwc

No. 348 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 9:38 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Layingdown, a pic thread used to exist in the General Discussion section and you can always start a new one there. Like the set drummer community, marchers have their own interests and topics and the whole point of their section was to let them feel like a community with no sniping between the two disciplines. You are trying to undo what Remo has as a very good separation between the two groups. Why, I don't know.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
layindown

No. 349 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 11:12 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wow, I didn't realize I came off as trying to merge 2 worlds together. I guess no one ever told me about the marching -vs- set war that obviously rages on in the world of Remo's forums.

Silly me.

pwc

No. 350 Posted on Jan 22, 2007 11:41 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
It's not a war. Just two different communities.
If you can't see the logic in that then, yes, silly you.

Go to page Previous 123 ... 1314151617 Next

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 78 milliseconds