Remo
DrumTalk » Marching

Corps/ Band News. Share it here.
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Corps/ Band News. Share it here.
Crusher

No. 1 Posted on Apr 21, 2006 4:51 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks to Whoiga for this idea. This thread will be bumped and made for all those who wish to share any information about their drum corps or Marching bands. Post ryyouts dates, performance dates or any news you would like to share. If you don't care for the news then don't read it. Simple eh?

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
Crusher

No. 2 Posted on Apr 21, 2006 4:53 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Threads like this should be posted here:

From Frontier Drum and Bugles Corps:

Frontier Performing Arts Association (FPAA) and the Turtle Creek Chorale (TCC) are sharing the stage for a second time. Join FPAA and TCC at the Meyerson Symphony Center in downtown Dallas on April 2nd & April 5th at 8 p.m. for a show entitled 'Songs of Our Nation'. "Major events and social movements in America have always been accompanied by musical expression," said Dr. Timothy Seelig, Artistic Director for TCC. "The songs are as varied as the people. Yet the themes expressed are common to all: freedom,justice and equality. Singing is as American as baseball, ballots and apple pie. Even in the darkest of times, there is always humor and an irrepressible lust for life. What could be more American than 'Shenandoah','Strike Up The Band', 'Chattanooga Choo Choo', 'Over the Rainbow' or 'Blowin' in the Wind'. You will leave this concert tapping your toes and humming your favorite tunes."

FPAA is represented in the TCC concerts by Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps
and Open Range brass ensemble.

For more information about Turtle Creek Chorale visit www.turtlecreek.org. For FPAA, visit www.frontiercorps.org. For show tickets, call Monique Moore at 214.526.3214 ext 102. Mention that you are a friend of Frontier and receive a 20% discount! FPAA and TCC hope to see you in Dallas Sunday, April 2, 2006 and Wednesday, April 5, 2006 at 8:00 p.m. In addition, look for exciting announcements in the near future about TCC and Frontier for the 2006 Christmas concert season.

Marketing edited on Mar 30, 2006 12:31 PM

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
supersnare729

No. 3 Posted on May 1, 2006 1:44 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Penn Wood High is going to be in a parade this saturday (may 6) and only the drumline is marching, not the whole band. its going to be pretty cool. i dont know what it's for though, and i dont know where its at. i probably should know that by now, but ill find out on wednesday at practice.

www.myspace.com/jji72990
pimp_squeak

No. 4 Posted on May 7, 2006 8:32 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Been a while since I posted, and I probably won't be back for another long while, but here's an update on the 37 Courageous Drum and Bugle Band.

May 6th we took the floor at HMCS Prevost and rocked the building with a show composed of latin american vibes, smooth american ballads, and a killer percussion feature. The whole building was on its feet cheering us on. having been a fairly small 18 piece band last year, the judges were quite impressed by our 26 piece showing this year. We opened with Black Saddle, a Courageous classic going on it's 3rd year. We followed that with our ballad, Nights in White Satin which was performed by the 2005 San Francisco Renegades. To add some spice after that we played our percussion feature "Ecnedac '06" which showcased our bass, snare, and tenor lines to optimal effect. For the closer we played Besame Mucho, a rather fast based, toe tapping groove that got everyone moving. All in all a great show, and a great day.

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 5 Posted on Jun 15, 2006 9:58 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
the memphis sound, the local drum corps, is gonna be hosting a show in arlington, TN (yes i know it's not really in memphis, but close enough) on june 20.
here's the link:
Sound of Champions
i won't be there, i'm out of town. but it looks the regiment's gonna be there and it should be pretty good.

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors 08-09 USSBA South States Percussion Champ
Tenors 09-10 USSBA Natl Champ Percussion, 2nd Overall
Tenors 10-11 USSBA TN State Champ
US Army All-American Band
Tenors '11

Texray1

No. 6 Posted on Jul 5, 2006 9:42 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pimp_squeak wrote:
We opened with Black Saddle

Man, I haven't heard that song in ages. We played it one year when i was in high school. I loved it.

delmar

FEMUR

No. 7 Posted on Sep 1, 2006 7:57 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
i and the copsvets bass line just finishd 2nd place place at finals. and were looking at a 5th place finish

CorpsVets Drum & Bugle Corps. - Staff
Alliance Drum & Bugle Corps - Staff
Atlanta CV INDOOR - Staff
Frequency INC. - Staff
Shorter Percussion - Staff

peopleofgod12

No. 8 Posted on Dec 21, 2006 4:09 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
our drumline recently attended the Percussive Arts Society International Convention in Austin texas and recieved first place in the Standstill competition

winning:

Best Bassline
Best Front Ensemble
Best Cymbals
and the Fred Sanford/ Stanford award (Im not sure which one is right lol)

check out www.vicfirth.com

scroll down a little and click the PASIC Marching Festival Link (Picture of blond, her name is Chelsea)

peopleofgod12

No. 9 Posted on Dec 21, 2006 4:34 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
by the way

here is the video

(It sucks but its there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5o5UHPPu1U

Slildrummerboy

No. 10 Posted on Jan 2, 2007 12:21 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I march for Mustang, but I doubt any of yall know us...

Go Cavaliers!
The_Cavalier

No. 11 Posted on Mar 7, 2007 12:35 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
i thought the video was goooood!

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 12 Posted on Mar 7, 2007 6:34 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
lol, random, but funny

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors '11

delmar

FEMUR

No. 13 Posted on Mar 12, 2007 7:13 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yes but all so true

delmar edited on Mar 12, 2007 7:16 PM

Frequency INC. - Staff

The_Cavalier

No. 14 Posted on Mar 15, 2007 11:35 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yeah,lol

supersnare729

No. 15 Posted on Apr 16, 2007 5:23 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
girls are the also the source of cooties. haha

www.myspace.com/jji72990
drumbum593

The Bum

No. 16 Posted on Sep 14, 2007 7:15 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
My band is playing at our first competition tomorrow in Ripley, TN. It's at Ripley High School. I'm not sure what time it starts, but we march at 7:45 pm, if you wanna see us warm-up, which'll probly suck, then that's at 7:00. Awards are at 9:15 pm and then that's it. So, If you're in the area, come and watch, we have an ok show this year. We have sokme issues to work out, but we don't sound horrible. So, yeah, come if you want to.

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors '11

drumbum593

The Bum

No. 17 Posted on Sep 15, 2007 8:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yeah, so we got 4th out of 4 in our class. We sucked. We had three different tempos going on one of the songs. I felt pretty good about the drumline, but the judges apparently didn't, so yeah. It's only the first competition, so hopefully it'll get better.

Bartlett HS
Snare 07-08
Munford HS
Tenors '11

nameizn8

No. 18 Posted on Jun 3, 2008 10:04 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I go to Albion high school and this year we finally were able to have an indoor drumline and it was really exciting. We came in 1st in a couple competitions which isn't bad for our first year. We do drills finally lol we would always to stand still performances. But thats my exciting news.

Joe Stork needs a remo account.

baker22

No. 19 Posted on Sep 15, 2008 6:12 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have a question plz help i'm wanting to buy a black 10x13 remo drum for band competition but all of our other drums have carriers instead of strapes. all i've found are straps for the drum, do they make carriers??

delmar

FEMUR

No. 20 Posted on Jun 4, 2010 4:11 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The CorpsVets are looking for a Bass player. Go to corpsvets.org for info.

Frequency INC. - Staff

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 49 milliseconds