Remo
DrumTalk » Education

are my drumheads bad?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster are my drumheads bad?
AlbinoRoadkill

No. 1 Posted on Aug 25, 2010 9:40 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
i've been trying to tune my Remo UX drumheads but I couldn't get them to sound right so I looked up videos on youtube how to and sat there with my tom drum on my lap and followed exactly what they did but it just doesn't sound anything like theirs, i'm wondering if the drum heads aren't actually that good or i'm still not tuning it correctly, please help!

technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Aug 11, 2012 3:19 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
AlbinoRoadkill, I might suggest taking your drums to a store or business that provides tuning services. They may not tune it exactly as you like, but they may be able to make it better. You also might want to try a drum tuner if you haven't already. I am not an expert, but what I have mentioned may help.
Fellow drummer,
Ethan

RvJim

Reverend

No. 3 Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:34 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Tuning takes years of practise to get good at. You will just need to sit down and keep at it and you will get better and better at it. Quality heads and quality drums will and do sound better, however, even with worn out or cheap heads you should be able to tune the drum and have it resonate without phase.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
KiyaGems

No. 4 Posted on Mar 5, 2013 10:01 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes take your drum head to the store. They know how to do it well. I took my drumhead where I have purchased to fix the same matter. And they did it very well.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds