Remo
DrumTalk » Education

Cleaning Cymbals
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Re:Cleaning Cymbals [Re:pulse_506]
Dave

No. 26 Posted on Apr 24, 2010 7:03 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
funny thread.

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

2cymbals1cup

Swing em.

No. 27 Posted on Oct 24, 2010 6:21 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You know what, I have 2 cymbals but I like them reeeaally dirty. I dip them in syrup sometimes. And then freeze dry them. So when I rub the syrup off, it makes a clang sound. But if I want them clean, I get my home made groove juice and rub it all over them. Man! It feels good when they're clean but it is just so much work making home made groove juice.

Anyways if you want my secret home made recipe, then too bad its a secret! Tongue

It's good to swing around my cymbals after cleaning, out in the open air; after all, fresh air does you good, why not your cymbals?

My girlfriend absolutely loves my cymbals and enjoys playing with them. She's a guitarist but it doesn't stop her from being a keen cymbal enthusiast. But obviously being a guitarist she doesn't have any herself so she has to borrow mine which funnily enough she enjoys scrubbing them more than me.

But what I really enjoy is to scrub the drumstick. I know most of you might not like to use a drumstick with your cymbals but its so much fun to play with and my girlfriend loves to use mine with her guitar as well. Sometimes she uses my drumstick as chopsticks. I love it when she does that. It feels good to watch her lick the noodles off my drumstick.

Please be kind to your cymbals. Play with them sometimes, dip them in syrup and swing them around in the open air. (Your girlfriend will love it)

DrumsUp

No. 28 Posted on Jan 8, 2011 9:52 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I don't know if it's possible to clean cymbals without removing logos. I use a product called "Nevr-Dull." It does remove logos, but it also removes dirt and tarnish with a lot less effort than Brasso.

~Lonnie from billdidit

Go to page Previous 12

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 19 milliseconds