Remo
DrumTalk » Health Rhythms » First HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation

First HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster First HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation
chop66

No. 1 Posted on Jun 6, 2013 10:57 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
My first facilitated session was during a Wellness Fair to for local vendors to promote their wellness products and services. The Wellness fair coordinator received my name and invited me to set up a booth. I requested a time during the fair to invite volunteers to participate in the HealthRHYTHMS demonstration. During Wellness Fair, I made an announcement for volunteers to participate in the HealthRHYTHM demonstration. 13 participants volunteered (including a Nun). The demonstration followed the steps of the protocol except for Inspirational Beats and GIM. I used the travel drum circle kit healing drum kit and personal percussion instruments.

Personal Insights: When I invited volunteers to participate in the demonstration, I expected 7-8 personnel to step forward-over 13 came! The Boy Scouts invited another friend to sit with the group, he was shy and didn't want to sit with the group...after the group started chanting his name, he sat
down (reluctantly).

During the opening wellness exercise, the participants were high strung, active and physically moving in their seat...during the closing wellness exercise, a noticeable change was evident in their breathing, activity level and attention span. During the shaker pass, the Nun "forgot" to pass the eggs (she put them in her lap) and I dropped many eggs....the whole group (and the other individuals observing)
laughed out loud...it was hilarious!

During rhythmic naming, the two individuals with the most creative rhythm were the Nun and boy who didn't want to participate. The metaphor during entrainment was to think of a feeling now that summer is approaching and school is about over. It allowed for variety of dynamics, creative expression, invited volunteers to lead and constant eye contact to ensure everyone drummed together. Some of the
comments after entrainment were joy, excitement, togetherness, peaceful and fun. It was a very fun
activity, the entire group enjoyed the variety of activities and sense of community.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds