Remo
DrumTalk » Health Rhythms » First HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation

Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating [Re:healingmoon]
MisterKen

No. 4 Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:26 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi all.

"Mr. Ken" Eidinger here. I attended the Basic Training in Parsippany, NJ in September, 2012 and loved it!

I held my first HR session at the Grade Adult Day Center in Philadelphia PA on Wed., Oct, 10th. Though there were about 50 people in the large day-room, and 40 in the circle, 22 participated. The center specializes in care (meals, and activities) for seniors with Alzheimers, dementia, and other memory impairment issues. The oldest attendee was 102, and the oldest actual participant was 96. Many of the staff members joined in too, at first just to keep things going, but then they caught the fever and kept playing for the joy and fun of it. One of the staff members didn't want to stop. Gotta love that!

I worked my way through the protocol, being mindful of the limited attention span of the seniors. They really liked Rhythmic Naming (one lady spontaneously got up and danced for several minutes while we jammed around her), but were reluctant to share during Inspirational Beats. I had to relate my own experiences of missing family members to try and draw them out. Of course there were only positive words shared during the finale.

Looking forward to my next one!

"Mr. Ken" Eidinger
Founding Director
DC4V (Drum Circles, for Veterans)
610-457-9449
dc4v@independencedrum.org

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
7221 First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating healingmoon 7016 Nov 19, 2011 1:41 PM
4670 Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating radstar 723 Jun 6, 2012 11:23 AM
4044 Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating Monique 654 Oct 16, 2012 4:53 PM
5565 Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating MisterKen 1315 Oct 18, 2012 7:26 AM
839 Re:First Health Rhythms Experience Facilitating jinumm 28 Aug 18, 2014 3:42 AM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds