Remo
DrumTalk » Health Rhythms » First HealthRHYTHMS Facilitation

first facilitation (23 grade 7 students)
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster first facilitation (23 grade 7 students)
mcguirebecca

No. 1 Posted on Apr 16, 2011 1:44 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Last week I participated in my first health rhythms session as a facilitator. I led a class of 23 grade seven students, and it was a surprising success to me. The students were wary about the word "therapy" as they knew that I was a music therapy student. They were also expecting a program like "Drummercise", which is based on physical activity. The students gave very positive feedback and were happy that it wasn't what they expected.
Some of the comments included "I think this will help me when I'm mad I can use the drums to calm me down", "It was the best thing in music I ever did", "It was the funnest, most relaxing, and comfy feeling ever. "I enjoyed how we had the opportunity to try out the drums and create beats as a group to express emotions", "It was very calming. It caught my attention we got to play the egg game that helped us to work together", "I thoroughly enjoyed this program today. I can't wait to do it again its just so much fun and I enjoyed that we had fun and stuff.", and "My favourite part was the ocean drum". One of the most amazing parts for me was that this rowdy, hyper class of 23 students was completely calm and still at the end of the protocol - absolutely amazing!

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
4789 first facilitation (23 grade 7 students) mcguirebecca 1223 Apr 16, 2011 1:44 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 29 milliseconds