Remo
DrumTalk » Health Rhythms

Packing the Remo Travel Percussion Pack in its case????
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Packing the Remo Travel Percussion Pack in its case????
mick8535

No. 1 Posted on Sep 22, 2010 12:12 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey everyone!!!
I can't wait to go out and get 'em with my new "have drums - will travel" kit!!!
I LOVE IT.
This set up is brilliant beyond belief... well... almost.
For the most part, everything stacks and jams into the case, but I can't quite fit it all into the travel case.
ARGH!
Dead

I have tried and tried, but it just won't all go in.
~ Now, I am not stupid with stuff like this, in fact I have been known to be ingenious and resourceful --- but I just can't figure out how it all goes inside of the case.
Can any of you help?
Has any amazing person in facilitator-land come up with a system of making each peice fit inside?
I know it is not a big deal, really, I only am not able to fit the "didgeharp" -- http://tinyurl.com/32nycf6 --(the tube with the spring inside of it) inside.
It is just too long and wide.
Anyone care to help me out?
I really want to make this work.
I know someone out there MASTERED this!
Help!!!
Mick Karolac

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Alyssa

Super Moderator

No. 2 Posted on Sep 23, 2010 4:54 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Mick!

It DOES all fit in the backpack case! Here's how you do it.
Place the 16" bahia buffalo drum (head down) on the table or floor. Then carefully slide the digiharp under the handles inside the drum, add all the small percussion(shakers and the tone block, etc). In a separate stack nest the 14, 12 & 10" frame drums inside each other, put the tamborine inside the 10" and put the soundshape on top of the tamborine. Then turn the frame drums(etc)over so that the head of the 14" frame drum is facing up and rest the nested combo on top of the rope handles of the 16" bahia buffalo drum. Then you can slide the whole bunch into the backpack easily.

That's it....maybe I should make a video Wink....I'm seeing fame in my future - the magical packing of Alyssa. Smile

Have a great day!!

Alyssa Janney, MBA
Health Rhythms Manager
Remo, Inc.
mick8535

No. 3 Posted on Sep 26, 2010 12:22 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Alyssa, Great "technique," and it was and is similar to my attempts --- everything works exactly as you suggest (which is brilliant) ---> except for one serious issue for me: the handles inside of the Buffalo Drum are too tight. No matter how much I carefully pull on them, I can't seem to get the Digharp underneath ---> without seriously applying force, which results in the tube denting into the head when I force it.

Now I don't know if the one you have and the one I have are of different handle tensions or if you are willing to exert more force to get the tube inside of them or not... but that is where I am stuck.

Alyssa, in the big picture, it ain't no biggie. I mean, I can certainly just tote it along separate, really, it's just the purist in me that wants to make it all work as intended, you know?

Any thoughts?
And if it doesn't look like it would work, that is fine really...

TTYS, Mick

Alyssa

Super Moderator

No. 4 Posted on Sep 29, 2010 11:51 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
mick8535 wrote:
Alyssa, Great "technique," and it was and is similar to my attempts --- everything works exactly as you suggest (which is brilliant) ---> except for one serious issue for me: the handles inside of the Buffalo Drum are too tight. No matter how much I carefully pull on them, I can't seem to get the Digharp underneath ---> without seriously applying force, which results in the tube denting into the head when I force it.

Now I don't know if the one you have and the one I have are of different handle tensions or if you are willing to exert more force to get the tube inside of them or not... but that is where I am stuck.

Alyssa, in the big picture, it ain't no biggie. I mean, I can certainly just tote it along separate, really, it's just the purist in me that wants to make it all work as intended, you know?

Any thoughts?
And if it doesn't look like it would work, that is fine really...

TTYS, Mick

Hi Mick

Remember that your kit was already packaged that way once (when you got it). The handles are set to a specific tension so that with a bit of applied pressure, while lifting the handles the digiharp will slide under the handles. Though it does take a little bit of pressure against the drumhead.

Alyssa Janney, MBA
Health Rhythms Manager
Remo, Inc.
mick8535

No. 6 Posted on Oct 25, 2010 12:45 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Alyssa! I finally worked it out!!!
Yes - it is totally do-able to pack all the ding-dongs, bells, whistles, and everything into the travel pack... what I discovered is "key" is, as well as putting pressure on the buffalo drums rear handles, what one has to also do when pushing the digiharp under the handles is to ROLL it as well.
---> The rolling is what has the whole thing work out, as it encourages greater movement of the handles in opening up more.
AH HA... now I have it DOWN to a science.

Thanks for sticking with me!!!
One more time, YOU RULE.

Be good, okay?
Mick

mick8535

No. 6 Posted on Aug 6, 2011 7:54 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Remo Travel Percussion Pack REPORT --> almost 1 year later!

Listen up: I love love love this set up of drums and percussion. It rules!!!
---- it is perfect to bring to any drum circle or gathering of creative folks!
This remo package with all of these FUN FUN FUN bells and whistles and such is FUN!!! I love this. So many lille things in such a small bag. And light too.

It goes so far at the drum circle to have this unpacked and all the toys spread out for people who pop in or to break things up. The big buffalo drum is highly popular., but folks seem to like all the various instruments. Best $200 I ever spent. I take it to parties with me too, again, you never know when a jam session will erupt!!!

(Click the picture to view the original one)

mick8535 edited on Aug 6, 2011 8:06 AM

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 25 milliseconds