Remo
DrumTalk » World Percussion

Re:Remo djembe in airline baggage
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo djembe in airline baggage
iplaydjembe

No. 1 Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:59 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey guys,

I'm going back to the US soon to visit family, and while I'm there I'm trying to see if I'll be able to bring my beloved Remo 18" keytuned djembe back to Australia with me when I return.

Any time I've flown guitars, I've been told to loosen the strings so that the altitude and pressure in the luggage doesn't snap the neck of the guitar.

Does anyone know if there is something similar I need to do with the head of my djembe? Should I loosen it? Would that even do any good?

I'm not worried about the drum getting damaged, I have a good case for it, but I just don't want to get back to Aus and find the head has snapped because of the flight.

Any advice would be amazing! Thanks so much!

RvJim

Reverend

No. 2 Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:56 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
It probably wouldn't hurt to loosen it just in case, better safe than sorry! The pressure in the luggage area is not regulated like it is in the cabin.

I didn't know you where in Sydney? What brings you down my way?

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds