Remo
DrumTalk » World Percussion

Fiberskyn 3 Bongo Heads dilemma for LP
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Fiberskyn 3 Bongo Heads dilemma for LP
Konsti

No. 1 Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi everyone - I'm new to the Forum so I'm hoping someone can help me ...
I just ordered some new Fiberskyn 3 Bongo Heads for my "ageing" LP Fibreglass Bongos ...
I ordered the Medium Collar (M6-R715-F1 .. 7.15") and (M6-R850-F5 .. 8.50") thinking they would fit (WRONG) ...
The old Fiberskyn that I had on the 7.15 was M6-0715-F1 (but it was an old original Fiberskyn not Fiberskyn 3)
I'm happy to get the (M6-0715-F1 .. 7.15") and (M6-0850-F5 .. 8.50") but I just need to know if these WILL fit - the problem is that the head just won't fit over the shell and rest snugly up against the rim of the shell (as well as snugly in the hoop of the bongo)... I did notice that the previous head collar is almost double the length of the ones I purchased ... also, the metal hoop on the head is too thick on the inside of the head (that stops it from fitting on the shell)
Hopefully someone from REMO or someone who has possibly had this problem as well can advise me...
I presume that these (medium collar) heads will fit the NEW LP Bongos ..? - if they do then I might just hold onto them until I replace the old ones ..

Also, is it worth trying to find "Skyndeep" ones that will fit ..?

Thanks in advance for your help with this ..

Cheers

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds