Remo
DrumTalk » World Percussion

Do Remo heads really wear out?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Do Remo heads really wear out?
TommyB

No. 1 Posted on Oct 18, 2012 12:47 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was wondering if Remo djembe heads actually require changing if they're not physically damaged (punctures, tears, etc.) Since they're synthetic and impervious to a lot of the things that affect real skin heads, do they actually wear out? I've got a 14-inch Arthur Hull ashiko with a Mondo head that's scuffed at the edges and has what looks like a few grease stains in the center. I bought the drum used, and although it sounds good, I was wondering if a new head would make a noticeable improvement in the sound in terms of volume, sustain and dynamics. Has anyone else on this forum ever changed the head on their Remo ashiko or djembe and noticed a significant improvement sound-wise? Thanks.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
5850 Do Remo heads really wear out? TommyB 697 Oct 18, 2012 12:47 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds