Remo
DrumTalk » World Percussion

Remo Tubanito anyone???
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo Tubanito anyone???
Loveablesurfer

No. 1 Posted on May 25, 2012 3:53 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi folks

I'm considering getting a Tubanito as a travel drum, practice drum and extra hand drum to use with my 14" Black Earth Djembe. I've recently sold my Meinl Marathon Classic Congas (which I loved) due to the space they took up and the lack of time I have to play them (can't play after 7pm due to sleeping daughter).

The demo video sounds great but I've read mixed reviews when it comes to sound. Some people say its rather flat sounding, I am wondering if that is more to do with lack of technique and tuning rather than lack of physical drum shell.

I'm not expecting it to live up to my Congas but is it a worthwhile investment? Has anyone got any experience with them?

Cheers!

Loveablesurfer

No. 2 Posted on May 30, 2012 3:59 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm guessing not many folk have had tried a Tubanito then! Well here's what your missing:

Mine arrived yesterday. My first thought was what the hell have I done, as I realised that there was no response from a heel/bass tone. However the opens are warm, the slaps are distinct and the ability to practice muted with the foam pad will mean I can get more practice in. Volume wise its pretty loud and it doesn't sound out of place next to my 14" Black Earth Djembe.

All in all, I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't live up to the "bass tones" mentioned on the front of the box but otherwise it does what it says on the cover!

If there is a way of getting something closer to a bass tone I'd like to know how. I have tried hitting the centre of the drum with my finger tips but to no avail. Single fingers can get a slightly deeper sound but at the cost of volume.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 9 milliseconds