Remo
DrumTalk » World Percussion

Has anyone played the 28 X 18 Remo Djembe ?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Has anyone played the 28 X 18 Remo Djembe ?
jasno

No. 1 Posted on May 2, 2010 8:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I am thinking of purchasing the largest Remo djembe, the 28 x 18.

I was wondering if anyone has played it or heard it played. I have played many Remo djembes, and never got my hands on the 18inch Remo.

I just did a search on google for reviews, and one person said that he cant really hear the bass on djembes over 15" but people 10 feet away will. I am not sure I would like that, but I think he might just need to listen better, but then again I really dont know, just speculating.

I wish I could hear this drum played or get my hands on one, but my local shop does not have them in stock and I will have to special order it.

Does anyone have any insight on what sort of sound this djembe has. I know all the Remo Djembe's will have the distinct Remo sound, the high rim shots etc. But I am thinking with such huge 18 inch head, I will be getting something different here, which is why I want it. It seems everyone has a 14-16 Remo, and I would like have something a little different in sound.

THANK YOU very much for your time and insight into the 18"

-Jason P

rockydpuudon

No. 2 Posted on Sep 15, 2010 1:48 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Jason,
I am trying to get my hands on a 16" Earth Remo Djembe here in Australia and also having heaps of trouble getting one, and was quoted a 3 month wait from the US. Have a listen to this guy on youtube using a 16", sounds cool....might give you some idea?
Thanks Mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s20U-pM3wPo

Geordie_Da

BANG!

No. 3 Posted on Nov 10, 2010 1:32 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
It never ceases to amaze me that in the year 2010 it can be so difficult to buy products from a company like Remo. I'm also currently looking for a Remo Djembe, and whilst it would be easy enough to get the actual drum I'm concerned about the availability of new heads in the event of a breakage.

G.Da

Enjoy Yourself. It's later than you think.

Hang on to your dreams.

For Tomcat: Anyone want to buy a 8'' AAX Splash?
lisakttn

No. 4 Posted on Jan 5, 2012 3:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
First I have to say, I just watched teh You Tube video that was posted above and that guy is pretty amazing.

Secondly, I will be getting my 16" Key Tuned Remo Djembe (Earth)this month, I went yesterday and put a deposit on it and will pay it off before the end of the month. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! I have always wanted a Djembe but the size and kind I wanted has always been outside my price range, this one was on sale and I got it at my local Guitar Center. They were having a big blowout sale on their Djembes, all sizes and, well, I had to have it.

Lastly, I did play it while in the store and it has a beautiful sound, deep bas from the center and a huge range moving outward. I like the bigger drums personally. I hope you find what you are looking for... if you haven't already.
(Just signed up for the site today)

Kitty

Vipercussionist

Kinte Kit

No. 5 Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:57 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, I've played one, it had a Fiberskyn FA and the highs were glorious and there is not a Djembe on the planet with low end like that, and I had NO trouble hearing it while I was playing it.

Pretty awesome drum!!!!! LOVED it!!!

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 18 milliseconds