Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Thread for.......
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Topic Moved
This topic has been moved by - EdRock , Sep 26, 2005 3:59 PM
You may read the board announcement or contact board moderators for the reasons.
Poster Re:Thread for....... [Re:Yerfer]
StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 26 Posted on Jun 30, 2006 12:48 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've found myself lately switching to heel-up for some certain licks...like when I want fast and louder as opposed to heal down for the simpler stuff. I just got a new pedal so I'm wondering if/how things might change....

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....
FatherAlmeida

No. 27 Posted on Jul 13, 2006 12:38 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wellabout the pedals i REALLY agree with you, as i've like "all", the DW (5000), didn't impress me! Comparing to the Iron Cobra (Rolling Glide) the tension, smoothness, and functionability is sooooo much better(...er...the Iron Cobra, i mean).

Nice thread man!!! Keep this kind coming!Wink

"My son...my light..."
"The final laughter is the most enjoyable one"
"Sticks AWAY!!!!!!"
gotJesus

No. 28 Posted on Aug 2, 2006 3:28 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yeah word

Yerfer

No. 29 Posted on Oct 16, 2006 11:54 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey guys, Also. If you'd like valuable information on double pedal drumming, speed and control check out George Kollias. You can youtube.com him and see a bunch of stuff. He's ridiculously fast and uses clean control and execution. I believe his website is www.georgekollias.com

If theirs any heels down players in here check out some videos on youtube of John Longstreth. Funky heels down technique. But he's real good at it.

Enjoy.

“IT IS BETTER TO BE HATED FOR WHO YOU ARE THAN LOVED FOR WHAT YOU ARE NOT”
kudoco

Adrian

No. 30 Posted on Jan 31, 2007 9:59 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Very nice post, Yerfer! Wink

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.
VanInHalen

No. 31 Posted on Feb 24, 2007 3:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yerfer was a long time contributor to this forum and thread. Long live his legacy.

pwc

No. 32 Posted on Feb 24, 2007 4:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm confused.
I figured you ARE Yerfer under a different name.?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
CavalierDrummer

No. 33 Posted on Mar 12, 2007 12:36 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
good thread...

ptesone

No. 34 Posted on Jan 5, 2008 9:11 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Highly knowledgeable and very helpful.
Thanx for the thread man !!!
Considering I've only used like 2or 3 types of heads all my life. . . lol)

http://philtesone.com/phils
http://myspace.com/tesones
http://youtube.com/philtesonevids
billybadass

No. 35 Posted on Sep 18, 2008 2:25 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Cool thread... good info.

Pay me to move my gear, I play for free..
As far as my day job, I don't work so I can play, I play so I can work.

http://www.myspace.com/dvsrockssa

billybadass

No. 36 Posted on Sep 22, 2008 8:09 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
ludor wrote:
Yoho Yerfer,

I am one off those who are back in the drumtown and have to learn it all again. I have build my kit myself, including the shells (see where to put holes #2)but now I am trouble, because the only way to see wether the kit is good for use is to experiment on tuning. You gave that very much needed info, thanks for that.
In your second post on practicing I found ear protectors for industrial use, as seen on construction sites very helpfull.
(The ones like the old headphones, all enclosing your ears)
You look like an idiot, but if you put your mp3player headphones in your ears first, put the earprotector over that you can play along with the best musicians in the world without the need of an P.A. to be able to hear the music and not only your drums. I makes practicing fun to me.
Greetings, Koko.

actually vic firth makes headphoes like that. sound isolation. works very well. still prefer the in ear though

Pay me to move my gear, I play for free..
As far as my day job, I don't work so I can play, I play so I can work.

http://www.myspace.com/dvsrockssa

maddrums25

Homegrown

No. 37 Posted on Oct 1, 2008 7:08 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The vic firth sound isolation headphones are great for doing your own mix, but I sweat way too much to have those on when I'm actually playing. Use them on my mixer when i'm learning a song from a cd. I just plug everything into the board, that way it is all the same level. Plus you get to hear what your drums sound like miked.

eleMENTAL

ACK.

No. 38 Posted on Apr 5, 2009 5:02 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The Vic Firth Iso. Headphones aren't that bad. As far as noise reduction, they're fine. Occasionally they slip downward and blow out my ears for a split second, and they also feel very tight on my head. Overall though, they're a great value.

As far as the actual post goes, good job on that really long explanation. After reading this, I found out I want more of a "click" than a "thud" out of my kick. I'll look out for wooden beaters.

My (Future) Kit:
Mapex Meridan Birch, Boston Pewter Fade (Black-> White Fade)
24x20 Kick, 16x16 Floor Tom
14x6.5 Black Panther Walnut Snare
Zildjian K Custom 16", 17" Crashes + 14.25"Hi-Hat
Zildjian A Custom Ride 21"
Pearl Hardware + Remo Heads. No Duh
eleMENTAL

ACK.

No. 39 Posted on Apr 5, 2009 5:04 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Oh yeah, earlier in this thread I heard something about oil heads- I know Evans has oil heads, but does remo sell and of them? I hear they have a great attack and very little sustain.

My (Future) Kit:
Mapex Meridan Birch, Boston Pewter Fade (Black-> White Fade)
24x20 Kick, 16x16 Floor Tom
14x6.5 Black Panther Walnut Snare
Zildjian K Custom 16", 17" Crashes + 14.25"Hi-Hat
Zildjian A Custom Ride 21"
Pearl Hardware + Remo Heads. No Duh
DaveTheMetalGod

No. 40 Posted on Feb 16, 2011 1:44 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
eleMENTAL wrote:
Oh yeah, earlier in this thread I heard something about oil heads- I know Evans has oil heads, but does remo sell and of them? I hear they have a great attack and very little sustain.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?252792-Pro-Tone-Head-replacement-for-Vision-VBX-in-Concord-Fade&highlight=Drum+Heads

There's the link to the Pearl Drum Forum where some of the "more knowledged" know about the drum heads and everything about drums... Look at Post #10. They address the oil concern.. I hope it helps you. Just was on the top of my head.

"Play drums the way you want to, because you want to. Have fun doing so. Be inspired by other drummers, not discouraged, there will always be someone better than you, try to have your own voice behind the kit, be yourself."
-- Brann Dailor of Mastodon
Go to page Previous 12

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 41 milliseconds