Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals [Re:technique2012]
OldFart

Mapex

No. 5 Posted on Aug 5, 2014 8:37 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have been without my coveted Direct Drives for years.

I have a Mapex kit with Mapex hardware; and among those nice pieces is my Mapex single footpedal - a copy of the DW5000.

Thus far, I'm not a big fan of Double- or Single-chain singles. Not that they're bad ... they aren't. I'm just hardwired toward the comfortable Direct Drive pedals I haven't had for decades.

It's just silly; but there you have it : an unsolicited confession.
The Confessions of a Worn-Out Direct Drive Pedal Player.
( The book will be out in time for Christmas sales Clown ).

But I don't play enough to justify me simply plopping for a Direct Drive pedal. My Double-Chain Mapex is serviceable. I keep tottering between a Double-Pedal and a Single so much so that I've frozen in time halted between the two choices and, embarrassingly, have done nothing.

To me, Direct Drives have usually been quick and smooth; and in the back of my mind I've equated that build style with giving me the feeling of being more 'accurate' (whether or not they actually enable greater accuracy for playing my Kick). This is my perception. And the period of time I think I was playing at my best was during the time I owned a Double-Bass Kit with DD pedals.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
443 Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals technique2012 819 Jul 17, 2014 1:43 PM
394 Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals RvJim 267 Jul 17, 2014 2:02 PM
351 Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals brad_leishman 474 Jul 20, 2014 1:43 PM
374 Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals RvJim 276 Jul 20, 2014 3:08 PM
365 Re:Belt Drive V. Chain Drive V. Direct Drive Pedals OldFart 1230 Aug 5, 2014 8:37 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds