Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Sonar Force 3005
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Sonar Force 3005
Dave

No. 1 Posted on Aug 1, 2014 9:58 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Has anybody owned or played a Sonar Force 3005?
What is your opinion? I'm looking to add a smaller kit to my arsenal.
The suspended tom sizes are: 8", 10", 12" and floor tom sizes are 14" and 16". The kick is 22" and the matching snare 14".

I don't really know anything about Sonar, it seems like this is a mid-level kit.

The guy is asking $475.00.

Thanks.

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

Dave

No. 2 Posted on Aug 2, 2014 9:58 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks for all the advice. I pulled the trigger. Got a great deal.

RvJim

Reverend

No. 3 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 3:46 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Does it sound good?

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
Dave

No. 4 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 4:22 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, it sounds pretty good, considering stock heads. They don't even have any marks on them. Remo singly ply. I'll have to see how they tune up.

StillKicken

No. 5 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 5:13 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
WoW!! They really look nice and at $475 I cant see how you could go wrong.

Congratulations and enjoy!!!

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Dave

No. 6 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 6:25 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks Sherm. They are pretty nice. They are like brand new. I'm excited about the smaller tom sizes. I'm used to playing on the 70's-80's big diameter drums. And I got them for under $400.00.

StillKicken

No. 7 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 7:59 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Great deal, I think you will like the smaller toms. I'm using 10, 12 and 14FT now and I miss not using the 8 and will use it from time to time. I'm also planning to experiment using the 16 in place of the 14.

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Dave

No. 8 Posted on Aug 3, 2014 8:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, I'm used to using 16 and 18 floors, so this will be an adjustment for me. I'm excited about the 8 incher.

pwc

No. 9 Posted on Aug 4, 2014 8:15 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dave wrote:
I'm excited about the 8 incher.

Ummmm ...... so would I be ......Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Dave

No. 10 Posted on Aug 4, 2014 5:47 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Um, well, yeah... I guess at my age...

OldFart

Mapex

No. 11 Posted on Aug 5, 2014 7:15 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Congrats, Dave!

I didn't see your post until after you pulled the trigger.

I've seen and heard them; and toyed with a 3005 at a store years ago and really liked them.

Sonor's sleeper kit.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
Dave

No. 12 Posted on Aug 8, 2014 4:49 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks Randy. I really like it so far. The all maple shells sound surprisingly nice considering my lack of tuning skills, but I'm working on that. Nice to hear from you.

OldFart

Mapex

No. 13 Posted on Aug 8, 2014 5:21 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dave wrote:
Thanks Randy. I really like it so far. The all maple shells sound surprisingly nice considering my lack of tuning skills, but I'm working on that. Nice to hear from you.

Thank you, Dave -

As always, it's excellent to hear from you, too Smile

When I tried them out (it was actually to test a foot pedal; store personnel chose the kit and did a quick pedal swap) I was impressed with how they matched-up with Tama Starclassic standing right beside the Sonor; I noodled with that one as well. It also appeared to have nice hardware - and from what I could tell, without a going over it with a microscope, the build quality looked solid.

Again, the price was/is excellent for a truly solid kit - congratulations.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 36 milliseconds