Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

New heads on rehearsal day!
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster New heads on rehearsal day!
paul

paulmiller

No. 1 Posted on Jul 15, 2014 1:23 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
After a few years of experimenting with other heads on my toms, I went back to my original choice from 2001, Aquarian Modern Vintage mediums for my toms, and so far I couldn't be happier.

Reheaded the 14" and 15" floor toms a couple of days ago, and the 10" and 12" toms today after Fedex dropped off the shipment. It took less than 30 minutes to get tuned up, and they sound great. Tuning was very easy. I don't know how much of that is the heads and how much is the drums (Gretsch with diecast hoops), and don't really care.

Rehearsal tonight with the jazz quartet, and I can't wait.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Jul 15, 2014 11:55 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wish I had a variety to choose from where I live. Can't even find a coated 12" of any brand - only clear heads in that size. Shop staff insisted that 12" snares don't exist.
Telling them that I have three such snares didn't convince them .....

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Jul 16, 2014 2:29 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pwc wrote:
Wish I had a variety to choose from...

It sounds as if international postage and import taxation must be prohibitive, and that there's no way round it. Forgive my naivety; I just haven't sent anything lately.

pwc

No. 4 Posted on Jul 16, 2014 7:22 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The big city has everything but I don't get there often these days.
eBay has everything too but delivery charges and import duties are indeed heavy.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 16 milliseconds