Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

New Heads for Generic Bass Drum
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster New Heads for Generic Bass Drum
Mattbruneau1

No. 1 Posted on Jun 8, 2014 4:49 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey guys, so i have a beginner Drumfire drumset that I have been upgrading progressively since I got it, as I wait to get a new drumset. I recently have been frustrated with the sound i'm getting from my kick. It's either very dampened, or if the pillow is moved around, very papery. I've made sure it's tuned correctly (No wrinkles). I have a falam slam on it, and a pearl demonator pedal. I'm wondering whether I should upgrade to a new head like a powerstroke, or whether this a problem with the drum itself. Thank you.

technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Jun 9, 2014 5:29 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
In my opinion, a lot of it may be due to the fact that it's a beginner kit. If you have the money to spare, if I were you, I would look into upgrading to a higher quality kit like a Yamaha Stage Custom in Birch or any DW model. In addition, I've learned that the falam slam can alter the sound of the bass drum a lot and I found that opting for a thinner protector, gives you a wider range of sound options from your bass drum and you'll still extend the durability by a lot. However, I'm much more inexperienced than the other guys on here, so I think they could provide more and better input.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Mattbruneau1

No. 3 Posted on Jun 10, 2014 12:14 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thank you! That's what I expected, and i have been looking at the stage custom previously. I'll wait for a new set.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds