Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

snare drumheads for various music genres
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster snare drumheads for various music genres
skachex

No. 1 Posted on May 17, 2014 9:47 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I will be replacing my snare drum's heads this week and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which heads would work best with the styles of music I play. I currently playing in a melodic punk band similar to string out, a alternative band similar to at the drive in , a ska punk band and a post punk project. I usually prefer a bright crisp sound ideal for ska and punk but I want something that is also warm with a short sustain. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Jun 1, 2014 2:27 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
In my humble experience any single ply coated batter head can be tuned for any genre. The issue is more with reso head where proper tightness is often ignored. Snare action is greatly affected by that and once that is right, the batter head can be tuned up or down for any effect needed. Nothing wrong with some batter head muffling like Moongel or a bit of tape to keep things perfect - if that is desired. The issue you might have is that cannot have both brightness and crispness along with "warmth" at the same time .....

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 3 Posted on Jun 1, 2014 4:53 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I agree with Peter. ^^^

A coated Remo Ambassador over a clear Remo Diplomat is a combination that will work for any genre. Evans, Aquarian and other manufacturer's equivalent heads will do the same thing.

By the way, welcome to the forum! Smile

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 28 milliseconds