Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:idrum tech tuning
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:idrum tech tuning [Re:Zeefour]
StillKicken

No. 4 Posted on Mar 16, 2014 5:38 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I use iDrun tech for tuning I also use Tune Bot. For now I'm tuning both heads to the same note/tone for maximum resonance because I use Fiberskyn on both sides for lower volumes. I don't use any ear devices and haven't noticed a rubber like sound.

You may want to try a slightly higher tone; it may brighten it up a little. I'm thinking a higher tone may cut a slight bit of resonance that may be enough to cut the rubber sound.

As a starting point from the Tune Bot calculator for my 14, 12 and 10 toms they recommend F, A, C starting from the 2nd octave. Check their web site calculator for your drum sizes and see what they may recommend.

Another thought is to hang a blanket on one of the walls. It want help much for volume but it will help to cleanup the sound in the room.

Just a thought,
sherm

StillKicken edited on Mar 16, 2014 5:45 PM

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
661 idrum tech tuning Zeefour 1431 Mar 3, 2014 6:05 PM
514 Re:idrum tech tuning pwc 118 Mar 3, 2014 7:44 PM
610 Re:idrum tech tuning Zeefour 703 Mar 4, 2014 2:23 AM
585 Re:idrum tech tuning StillKicken 820 Mar 16, 2014 5:38 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 10 milliseconds