Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

idrum tech tuning
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster idrum tech tuning
Zeefour

No. 1 Posted on Mar 3, 2014 6:05 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I recently had to clean my drum kit from dust and bits of stick and when I clean my kit I tend to detune all heads and strip the kit down.

Upon retuning my drum heads using the idrumtech app, I always opt for maximum resonance from the toms. However I notice that although it sounds really good with protection ear buds*, I tend to find the bedroom I practice in, the toms sound a little bit rubbery and not as smooth as when my ear buds are in.

I know that room shapes can determine a great drum sound but generally i dont take my toms out to practice or gigs simply because of space in the transport department. Now that I have retuned my heads I would like to hear them against the rest of the band, however if I find them to be a little too much Id like to be able to retune them to a more "live friendly" tone. Any ideas?

Here are my drums and their respective frequency

12 x 10 Tom
Batter - Remo Black Suede Emperor (146.8Hz)
Reso - Remo Black Suede Ambassador (146.8Hz)
6 Lugs

13 x 11 Tom
Batter - Remo Black Suede Emperor (123.5Hz)
Reso - Remo Black Suede Ambassador (123.5Hz)
6 Lugs

The shells are basswood.

*When the ear buds are in, the volume of the drum kit is reduced and therefore sounds cleaner, I dont hear any room reflection or any unwanted overtones or excess resonance from bare walls and such. The ear buds clean up the overall sound, it almost replicates a mic'd up sound.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
805 idrum tech tuning Zeefour 1431 Mar 3, 2014 6:05 PM
627 Re:idrum tech tuning pwc 118 Mar 3, 2014 7:44 PM
741 Re:idrum tech tuning Zeefour 703 Mar 4, 2014 2:23 AM
704 Re:idrum tech tuning StillKicken 820 Mar 16, 2014 5:38 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds