Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Erskine convinced; Erskyntone??
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Erskine convinced; Erskyntone??
StillKicken

No. 1 Posted on Mar 2, 2014 5:57 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Mr. Erskine may have convinced me to try Erskyntone drum heads (LOL) for my next head change. Watch his video on the opening page. Since my Fiberskyn 3ís are getting harder to tune I think itís about that time.

Think Iíll try the 10Ē tom first which will be the least expensive of the bunch. If I like it then Iíll move to the 12, then the 14 but I havenít decided if I should put Skyntones on both sides, as I do with the Fiberskyns. My reasoning was that it would be easier for me to tune both heads to the same note/tone for maximum resonance. That not only worked but it also allowed me to play at much lower volumes. Iím also getting better at playing with a lighter touch even with heavy sticks like the ProMarkís 719 to 707 sticks.

So what are your thoughts; should I use Clear Ambassadors or Skyntones on the reso side?

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds