Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

New drum video
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster New drum video
brooksfarris

No. 1 Posted on Jan 12, 2014 2:52 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hello I just started a new drum channel on youtube and just wanted some constructive criticism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQvlbYh122U

StillKicken

No. 2 Posted on Jan 12, 2014 3:45 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
OK, I may be a little harsh but you ask for it. LOL!!

First I'll say it looks like you have done a lot of practice especially with that song. You were very tight and did a good job.

At this point I would like you to start lighting up on beating the drums and trying to tear things up. I can tell you have some technical experience, you have the speed but you need to work on letting the stick do the work you are working too hard.

Drum heads and cymbals should never break. The big name guys have the money, they can afford it and sometimes do it for show. I don't see any reason to break good equipment.

Work on stick bounce and turn up the mic's if it needs to be loud.

Hope this helps,

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
scameron78

No. 3 Posted on Apr 4, 2014 8:29 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
sounded really good. nothing wrong with being a heavy hitter. everyone has there own styles of play. not everyone plays a 7A drumstick, single ply heads, or thin crashes. i'm a bit baffled by the comment above, but it's an opinion. loved the video thanks.

OldFart

Mapex

No. 4 Posted on Apr 5, 2014 6:13 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
scameron78 wrote:
sounded really good. nothing wrong with being a heavy hitter. everyone has there own styles of play. not everyone plays a 7A drumstick, single ply heads, or thin crashes. i'm a bit baffled by the comment above, but it's an opinion. loved the video thanks.

Odd ...

I'm not baffled by Sherm's remarks at all. Sherm was fair and supplied credible, balanced criticism. The poster sought opinions; Sherm obliged.

Sherm mentioned 'bashing.' The playing came across to me the same way. My taste is way on the other side of the spectrum, though. I admit, that's where my bias rests - there in a much milder acoustic music setting. I tend to think of drums and drum playing as being more 'musical' when there is thoughtful stage balance.

I was distracted after I noticed the broken cymbal.

I'll grant that the player was note-perfect covering the song.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 17 milliseconds