Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

BRING ME THE HORIZON Bass Drum
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster BRING ME THE HORIZON Bass Drum
drumtildeath13

No. 1 Posted on Dec 17, 2013 10:47 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
In the song "Chelsea Smile" on the album "Suicide Season" by BRING ME THE HORIZON, the bass drum sound is a very short and sharp burst. It has a clickiness to it and I am curious as to how to get that sound. I have tried both completely filling my bass drum with blankets and I have tried having one blanket in the bass drum and loosening the batter head really loosely. I want to know what the best way to get that sound is.

RvJim

Reverend

No. 2 Posted on Dec 18, 2013 5:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
To use a really drastic EQ and a lot of compression...

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
pwc

No. 3 Posted on Dec 18, 2013 10:41 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Is is always a trap to hear something recorded and mixed etc. and expect to reproduce any sound heard at home or on the gig. Hours of expensive studio equipment use and producer talent creates most of those sounds. A fact of life unfortunately .....

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 4 Posted on Dec 22, 2013 5:15 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Trying to duplicate studio recordings is a losing battle. If you like "clickiness" an easy and inexpensive way to reach this goal is by simply switching to a hard beater head and a hard pad on your bass drum. Evans makes a fairly thin beater pad that offers the attack you might be looking for. Personally, I like the softer "boomy" sound rather than a "click". To get this sound I simply use a felt beater and a softer beater pad (kevlar Remo Falam or a leather Camber pad).

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 15 milliseconds