Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Drum set Premier REMO old - Is it good??
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Drum set Premier REMO old - Is it good??
hitfeeling

No. 1 Posted on Sep 19, 2013 9:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi. Iīm Erik,
Swedish producer at eatraxx.
Bought this drumset from an old English guy who gave up playing.
Seems to be with all original parts but I donīt have a clue about year,
if itīs vintage or just like 80s - or the exact name of this kit. Would appreciate some info if anyone has it.
Basdrum, 2 toms, one floor tom, 2 bongos, hihat and cymbals.
Says REMO Weather king Pinstripe Bass drum
Thanks!!

Erik

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Singlestroker

No. 2 Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:37 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Erik. I think I can tell you quite a lot about those drums, but first please let us see a picture of the whole kit.

Paul

brad_leishman

Zenquest

No. 3 Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:53 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The Premier logo is older than 1990 for sure. I don't think it is APK or XPK lines.

It looks like a kit I seen posted on the following vintage drum forum website:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=19580

If it is, its the powerhouse line (1975). Check out the link for more info.

Your picture also looks like a kit Ringo used before 1964: http://ringosbeatlekits.com/Premier_Kit.html

Nice to hear from someone from Sweden. Both my grandparents came from Sweden - surname Risberg. I miss them both terribly.

Zenquest

No. 4 Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:19 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Probably very cool drums. Especially if you didn't pay a lot for them looks like excellent old Premier chrome and low profile die cast hoops. For sure older than XPK. Probably late 60s or 70s. Likely birch with beech reinforcing rings. Only foreseeable problem would be if they are pre-international, and modern heads won't fit properly. Can still get metric heads, but theyare hard to come by.

Half_Centurion

No. 5 Posted on Jul 28, 2014 4:08 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hello Erik;
It's been a while since you posted this question and there has not been a definitive answer for you yet. I have been playing Premier drums since I bought my first kit in 1964. The shape of the tuning lugs indicates this kit is of the same vintage. I actually have this wrap on the kit I have been playing since December 2011. I sold my original kit then which was a Premier blue pearl bought as above.
The mahogany wrap was also on the kit Ringo Starr played at the time the Beatles came to fame, until he bought a Ludwig after they had a few hit records! I have just bought my original kit back so the mahogany one will be up for sale shortly. I added drums to the pearl kit in 1968 and the lugs had been changed slightly and had a small point around the rim. In your picture, they are flat as my 1964 originals were. Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Allan

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 18 milliseconds