Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Quadura
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Quadura
BretHamrick

No. 1 Posted on Jul 1, 2013 7:42 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I recently acquired a 5 piece, white with black band around center, Quadura kit. It has the Acousticon shells and quick release lugs. Does anyone have any information on these? I can't seem to find anything on-line, and I need to replace one (at least)lug on the snare, which is a monster, approx. 8" deep. It looks like it will sound like a cannon! Any insight on history, availability, rarity, and so forth would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

Singlestroker

No. 2 Posted on Jul 2, 2013 12:25 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Quadura is the name for a range of finishes that Remo used for some of its ranges of drums. It is not itself a range of drums.

Information on Remo's past ranges is difficult to come by. This might give you a start:

http://www.drumarchive.com/

Singlestroker edited on Jul 2, 2013 12:28 AM

BretHamrick

No. 3 Posted on Jul 2, 2013 8:26 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thank you Very much. The catalogs are very informative. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

Singlestroker

No. 4 Posted on Jul 3, 2013 1:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BretHamrick wrote:
Thank you Very much. The catalogs are very informative. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

It's my great pleasure, but all of the credit is due to the person/s who set up the drumarchive website. If you come across any information, it's a good idea to send it to them.

Singlestroker edited on Jul 4, 2013 1:08 AM

BretHamrick

No. 5 Posted on Jul 3, 2013 9:02 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I definitely will. That is a great site. I am also always looking out for info on my Yamaha Power V Special kit that was made in England in the late 80's/early 90's. I thank you again for the tip!

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 13 milliseconds