Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:My latest toy
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster My latest toy
drummer5359

No. 1 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 3:25 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I got a tad carried away buying snare drums a few years ago, at one point I owned 34. I sold a bunch of them off and simplified things a bit. I fell off the wagon and bought another snare drum recently, one that I've wanted for years.

It's a brand new 6 1/2" x 14" Ludwig Black Beauty. I've owned the 5" deep version for about four years and always wanted it's big brother to join the family. This has a slightly different character than the 5", like it though.

I did put a coated Ambassador on it as soon as I opened the box.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."
technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 5:07 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
We have a Black Beauty too. Love it and would never let it go, however I still prefer my DW Collectors Snare. It has a better "bite" to it.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
drummer5359

No. 3 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 5:15 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have have four DW Collector's Series snares, but they are all maple. I don't have any of their metal snares at all.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."
technique2012

No. 4 Posted on Apr 19, 2013 4:04 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
FOUR COLLECTORS? Holy cow...

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
StillKicken

No. 5 Posted on Apr 20, 2013 1:49 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Very nice!! I know you will enjoy it!!

There is two at the local drum shop, I stop buy the shop almost weekly and every time I have to go back and see if they are still there. LOL!!

They also have one of these, used, setting on the front counter, but there is no signature. They don't know why.
http://www.ludwig-drums.com/snares_carlpalmer.php

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Sleepyeyes

No. 6 Posted on Apr 25, 2013 3:11 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Looks great and I like the colour.

Study in Cologne
steveo

No. 7 Posted on Apr 26, 2013 5:48 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
nice Smile

http://heroeslive.co.uk/index.html

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 60 milliseconds