Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

So difficult to work out what Buddy is playing here
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster So difficult to work out what Buddy is playing here
Singlestroker

No. 1 Posted on Mar 18, 2013 3:15 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I always love listening to Buddy Rich. Who doesn't?

I always, or these days anyway, have a good idea of what he was playing in a solo - although, of course, I can't hope to play it myself. I find it more difficult to work out what he was doing before, after and between the solos, i.e. to track his ride, hi-hat, snare, and bass patterns. I find this one particularly difficult to fathom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Zvep7F-YA

I wondered if anyone else had sorted this out, and even played it something like Buddy.

technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Mar 18, 2013 3:45 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
First he hits the snare and floor tom... I get lost after that.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 44 milliseconds