Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:Adding to gigging setups
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:Adding to gigging setups [Re:paul]
StillKicken

No. 2 Posted on Jan 5, 2013 10:21 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Racks: I love it and I hate it. LOL!!

Starting last summer I started building a do all rack. LOL!! Using some of the original Stealth parts and a new Rack with all curved tubs; the cross tube is like 43 or 46” long.

I was thinking if leaving all the brackets on the cross tube and having the hide-a-way cymbal arms in the vertical tubes that setup would be a lot faster. It would be faster if I asked one of the guys to help but that’s not the point. I should be able to do everything myself so I didn’t ask. The weight of the system was prohibitive and lining up the cross bar with the brackets was a chore. Plus I found out those vertical curved tubes were not the best system in the world. They look nice but alignment during setup was a problem, they were changed to straight. Once setup it was a nice strong rack and a pleasure to play with everything in its proper place. I planned to add wheels but never did.

After converting my 16 x 18 floor tom to a bass I created a cute little rack for small area gigs. I used two of the 36” vertical curved tubes turned sideways, one on each side of the bass, using the curve to encircles the little bass with a 8” cross bar at the top. It holds two hide-a-way cymbal arms and two toms; 10” and 12” with a stealth system for snare drum. I haven’t tried it yet but I plan to add a curve wing on the right side for the 14” tom and another arm on the left for my small powered monitor and possibly mounting an 8” tom on the same arm for larger gigs.

I don’t have a decent hardware case at this time, so transport is a problem. I do most of the rack setup on the tail gate of my truck to minimize trips back and forth to the stage; this makes it heavy and clumsy to carry. I plan to fix that problem in the near future with this:

http://www.aheadarmorcases.com/hardwarecases.html

The 38” size I feel will do the trick for me. I saw one at the local drum shop and it’s very well made heavy duty and roomy; maybe a little pricy at $190.00 but well worth it.

At this time I’m using one or two folding stands to minimize on trips and weight but anxious to return to a rack for stability and standard setup each time.

Sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
1588 Adding to gigging setups paul 1298 Dec 31, 2012 2:26 PM
1516 Re:Adding to gigging setups StillKicken 2203 Jan 5, 2013 10:21 AM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 14 milliseconds