Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

PDP kit
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster PDP kit
Dave

No. 1 Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:48 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Has anyone ever owned/played a Pacific CX series kit?
Likes? Dislikes?

Is this a mid-level kit?

What is a 5-piece shell pack worth?
10, 12, 14, 22, 14x5.5

Thanks

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

Kaleidoscope

No. 2 Posted on Dec 31, 2012 12:22 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have one and there isn't much to dislike about it. I have seen the plies coming delaminated on a few toms. I just wood glued and pressed. But the delam problem was very minor. I really haven't payed any attention to it since I saw the problem couple years ago. They still sound great since the day I got them 9 years ago. I sold the snare 4 years ago as I didn't need it and it wasn't fantastic. I had a selection of other great snares to choose from. Id say maybe its worth 4-500 but more so on the 400 end maybe lower. They are a great sounding kit for the money. Put some great heads on them and tune up. Check the bearing edges for delam before you buy. i'd say its a mid-level kit.

EDIT: when i do upgrade it will be to something A LOT nicer because I think my kit holds its ground with kits costing in the 1-2g range.

Kaleidoscope edited on Dec 31, 2012 12:25 PM

say cheese
"Hi ... my name is Kaleidoscope and I'm a Zildji-holic."
knightcrawler

No. 3 Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:40 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I play and own a PDP Pacific CX Series kit. (attached pic is it in the studio 2 summers ago)

It's a great kit for the price. Think DW except cheaper and affordable, but not on the oxymoronic(did I just invent a new word?) side.

My shells are maple. Just like any low end kit, the shells isn't all that great in quality, so you have to take good care of it.

As far as mid-level goes? Well, it has a lot of high-end praise but I think it's in the mid-level.

I'm planning on getting a Mapex Mydentity later on this year.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Dave

No. 4 Posted on Jan 2, 2013 6:57 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks for the replies. Someone is selling a shell pack for about half of what I think they're worth. Not looking to flip them, but who knows. It's always nice to have a spare kit around.

Also, I don't think I've ever played maple. I'm still banging away on the ol' Superstars. I think I'll make hiim an offer.

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 19 milliseconds