Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Re:mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination [Re:brad_leishman]
StillKicken

No. 4 Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:34 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well....in my book a Polka is traditional. I can understand a young person growing up in today's world wanting to put a new twist on the music but you have understand the customers view, they want to hear the music as they knew it when they grew up learning to dance and Polka is part of their heritage.

I played Big Band style music for 25 plus years for people that grew up during that era and I had to learn to play Polka like they wanted to hear it(my heritage is mostly English); the way it was as what they call; Old Time.

Our bass man played the Tuba when we player German Polka and Waltz. During a Polka with no warning he would blast out a loud "WOOMP WOOMP" and the dancers would laugh and dance a little harder; and then when our singer started sing in their language of German their eyes and faces would light up and the music filled their hearts with love.

You decide...

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
1432 mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination brad_leishman 802 Dec 8, 2012 8:40 AM
1221 Re:mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination OldFart 1820 Dec 8, 2012 10:05 AM
1152 Re:mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination pwc 101 Dec 8, 2012 7:52 PM
1529 Re:mixing musical styles - fusion or abomination StillKicken 903 Dec 8, 2012 9:34 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds