Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Triplet Linear fill builder
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Triplet Linear fill builder
drumster15

No. 1 Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:13 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well title says it all kinda I am trying to build more fills so far I am creative with doubles and what not but I want to get into triplets a bit more and possibly quads or however you say it need some exercises to help me build up my muscle memory speed and precision...any tips??

OldFart

Mapex

No. 2 Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:42 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
drumster15 wrote:
Well title says it all kinda I am trying to build more fills so far I am creative with doubles and what not but I want to get into triplets a bit more and possibly quads or however you say it need some exercises to help me build up my muscle memory speed and precision...any tips??

Maybe also work some 3/4, 6/4, 6/8 and 9/8 time signatures to draw out of your effort the triplet feel.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
technique2012

No. 3 Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:46 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Practice your rudiments as triplets. For example, doubles, singles, paradiddles, etc.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Singlestroker

No. 4 Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:51 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
technique2012 wrote:
Practice your rudiments as triplets. For example, doubles, singles, paradiddles, etc.

Triplets played in double strokes I found a good foundation before moving on to other rudiments in triplet-time, as in the chart below. If you make a habit of counting as you play, it will help you remember where you are in the bar at the same time as remembering where you are in the rudiment.

Practise the double-stroke triplets (and all rudiments that are reversible) starting on one hand, then the other. Otherwise you will become “one-handed”. It will also move you on a stage if you then start the sequence off with a single stroke.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Singlestroker edited on Nov 21, 2012 1:44 AM

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 17 milliseconds