Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Remo acousticon sx piccolo snare drum lugs
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo acousticon sx piccolo snare drum lugs
jspitza

No. 1 Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:03 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hello all.
Would anyone here be able to help me locate or find a replacement lug for a 4x14 Acousticon piccolo snare drum? I did email Remo some time ago but received no response. Thanks in advance for your help, Jeff.

moneyowen

No. 2 Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:29 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I don't think remo monitors this site at all. At any rate, they don't make a whole lot of drums, and original replacement parts are typically hard to come by. What is the problem? a lug or nut box on the outside of the drum is just a finish support for a nut, that the tension rod threads into. You could use probably several substitutes, #1 if you found one with same or similar size hole spacing, or #2 use a single point lug such as those available from John Riolo (in the US) www.amdrumparts.com
It wouldn't look right, of course. But would be a serviceable repair

Again, depending on the actual issue, it may be as simple as taking the lug off the side of the drum, and replacing the receiver nut, which are easy to come by

jspitza

No. 3 Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:21 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hello and thanks for the info. Actually the lug screws snapped and twisted off from the inside of the shell. Never seen that before! I think the shell is 3.5 in though. Thanks for the link. Take care, Jeff.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds