Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Vic Firth Dual Tone drumsticks
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Vic Firth Dual Tone drumsticks
Singlestroker

No. 1 Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:36 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Has anyone tried Vic Firth 5ADT Dual Tone drumsticks?

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/americanclassic.php

If the weight of the felt ball doesn't upset the balance of the stick too much, they could be a blessing for many of us. The downside is that they come only in 5A.

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:01 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have tried a similar product and found that the felt end just interfered with my wrists too much. When I know a tune is going to need mallets, I have them handy and find that is a better solution.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
RvJim

Reverend

No. 3 Posted on Sep 30, 2012 10:04 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I agree with Pete... that looks uncomfortable to me, I am very very picky when it comes to sticks weight balance - I stand in the store for a good 45 minutes selecting sticks. The odd occasion I use mallets I rest them somewhere convenient (usually my lap) until I've used them and then discard them onto the floor.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
Singlestroker

No. 4 Posted on Sep 30, 2012 10:31 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks guys. I think you've just saved me a little wasted expenditure.

HuskerFan

Yay college

No. 5 Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:42 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have a pair of Zildjian's Dennis Chambers double stick-mallets, and they are workable. The weight does take some getting used to and the mallet ends can interfere with your wrists. One of my mallet ends flew off, too.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle
Zildjian, Dream, and Wuhan cymbals
OldFart

Mapex

No. 6 Posted on Oct 2, 2012 6:00 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Note to self :

* Obtain a good pair of mallets ..

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
Mendell

No. 7 Posted on Oct 9, 2012 8:37 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
another note to self: do not shake a V8 can when already opened...

but yeah, mallets would be handy in some of those slow acoustics settings we play.

Gretsh Renown Maple 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22 bass drum, Yamaha, Spaun and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002 and Iron Cobra Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals, here it is:

OldFart

Mapex

No. 8 Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:00 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Mendell wrote:

but yeah, mallets would be handy in some of those slow acoustics settings we play.

I can endorse the notion of NOT shaking an open can of V8 ( because it ends up being V3 or V1 if you're not careful Smile )

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
StillKicken

No. 9 Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:05 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Mendell wrote:

LOL!! Shaking a bottle of steak sauce, not good either when the lid comes off. LOL!!

I can see how the double end sticks would be nice in some circumstances; I wouldn't think they would be my normal go to stick and they probably wouldn't work well for cross stick.

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 26 milliseconds