Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

fairly new to electrics
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster fairly new to electrics
jazzkat

No. 1 Posted on Sep 28, 2012 11:28 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi guys.
I have been playing music for 21 years and drums for 16 years.
I am recently getting into electronic drums now that the technologies are allowing drummers to play lower dynamics and trigger sounds. Things are sounding better (Superior Drummer 2.0) and feel better (Roland, Hart, and now Aquarian!).
For those of you with much electric experience, I have a few questions.

1. Wich triggers are better? Hart or Roland? (drum only, not cymbals)

2. When running software like SD2, does the head/brain/module matter?

3. What affects the sensitivity and dynamic response more -- the module, or the triggers?

Thank you

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Sep 28, 2012 12:29 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I really wish I could help but I have never played an electronic kit that I felt comfortable with - those cymbals just don't match Bosphorus .... Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
RvJim

Reverend

No. 3 Posted on Sep 29, 2012 1:59 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I like the Yamaha gear. The sensitivity comes from the pad, but if the module doesn't know what to do with it, it is pointless. Save yourself some money and look into the Yamaha gear, it is awesome and half the price of Roland.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
technique2012

No. 4 Posted on Sep 29, 2012 5:49 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You can only find out what your preference is by trying one yourself. Try going to one of your local stores and test one. In my opinion, always go Roland. Those things are DURABLE. I've pounded as hard as I could on those before and there's barely a mark on them.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 44 milliseconds