Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Drum heads
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Drum heads
seanburton92

No. 1 Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:41 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Guys help me out here, I just ordered a set of clear ambassadors. Should i put them on the top or bottom? I brought these heads for top but theres lots off people who have them on bottom and i dont know which way to put them. At the moment i have Evans G2s.

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
They can go on top or the bottom. However, snare drums suit coated on top and proper snare side (thinner) clear heads.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
OldFart

Mapex

No. 3 Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:22 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The other thing is : If you're happy with Evans G2's on the Batter (top) side, then, by all means, put the clear Ambassadors on the bottom (Resonant side).

But if you're looking to re-head the kit, you can do much worse than having Ambassadors as both Batter and Resonant heads.

You can adjust them to your liking by various means.

Ambassadors are single-ply, 10 mil thick heads. I have single-ply 10 mil heads on my kit now - as mentioned above, both Batter and Resonant sides.

OldFart edited on Sep 23, 2012 10:26 AM

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
StillKicken

No. 4 Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:39 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm agreeing with all of the above.

You did mention at the time of purchasing them it was for the top. Are the G2's worn out or are you just changing to learn the differences? Both reasons are good ones.

Then I would ask how old are the originals? If the bottoms are two times or more older than the top I would probably change the bottoms. Changing either one if they are old will improve the sound and changing the top will probably be an improvement in play ability.

Just my 2c worth. LOL!!

Sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 15 milliseconds