Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Found nice Premier Drum set
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Re:Found nice Premier Drum set [Re:millerpils]
Singlestroker

No. 26 Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:19 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
millerpils wrote:
I'm interested to know if it's worth changing all the heads and investing a bit of money in it...

I doubt that. These Cabrias, unlike the ones built during the Yamaha period, are cheap, Far-Eastern-made kits. I have never played one, but I have seen one on which the wrap had split. It was a sort of Electric Blue. Hopefully, but unlikely, your wrap is better, but it was exactly the same wrap as on another make of Far-Eastern starter kit I had in the garage for a while, and it was the thinnest, most fragile sheet of plastic you could imagine, and getting on for brittle, so perhaps it changes over time, e.g. in sunlight. It seems very likely that you'd have to rewrap the drums if you were to keep them for long. That is expensive to do, and I don't think many would spend much money doing so on anything other than a high-quality drumkit.

You certainly wouldn't get back on resale money spent on this kit .

Perhaps the best way forward, while learning more about drumming and drums is to use the Cabrias for as long as you can unchanged and look out for a better secondhand kit while accumulating the funds.

Go to page Previous 12

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 14 milliseconds