Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Synthetic tabla drumhead
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Synthetic tabla drumhead
remoguz

No. 1 Posted on May 4, 2014 11:31 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dear developer,

I was wondering whether the Remo team could produce a non-animal, synthetic tabla drumhead. The tabla is a traditional Indian drum which has very unique and intricate sounds. It can get a lot of different sounds which you just donít seem to get with other drums. The drumhead consists of an inner ring, an outer ring and a black dot in the middle. If you could produce something like this I would be delighted because Iíve never found a tabla which doesnít consist of leather and Iím sure other people would also be satisfied with this new innovation as the tabla is typically played by religious people who probably dislike the idea of using animal skins just as much as I do. Iíve already bought one of your fiberskyn heads, but I still canít get the sounds that a tabla would normally make because the fiberskyn head doesnít have the same structure to that of a tabla head with its inner ring and outer ring. Please get back to me as soon as possible with your feedback.

Thank you for listening.

Kind regards,
Gurmukh Singh

Tabla heads.doc (62.0k)

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds