Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Kickdrum Pedal Click
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Kickdrum Pedal Click
Zeefour

No. 1 Posted on Mar 17, 2014 8:05 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I got a kick drum pedal with the drum kit I got some years ago and I've always had a problem with it. Once I've adjusted the wing nut/screw from the pedal onto the hoop of my kick drum, I've always noticed that the base of the footboard always clicks off the tip of the screw, so in order to fix this problem I've adjusted the tilt of the kick drum towards me but I've found out that tends to limit the drums resonance and could damage the hoop over time, so I am looking for a replacement pedal in order to be able to level out the drum and have no clicking from footboard to wing nut.

If there is any confusion I'll get hold of a picture.

Cheers.

paul

paulmiller

No. 2 Posted on Mar 17, 2014 9:06 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Does this pedal have some kind of flexible strap, or just a straight piece of metal? If the former, just shorten the strap by a quarter inch or so. If the latter, is there a way to raise the post that supports the beater?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:01 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Zeefour wrote:...If there is any confusion I'll get hold of a picture...

I think that would make matters a lot clearer.

Zeefour

No. 4 Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:55 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Cheers for a reply, I will get a picture along soon.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 16 milliseconds