Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Me & Izzy
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Me & Izzy
Andy

No. 1 Posted on Dec 14, 2013 1:40 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Here's what I look like on the weekend, snowed in, wearing raggedy clothes and posting stuff on the Remo forum. Izzy is my 7 year old airedale terrier. She loves hanging out with me and will lay on her back for hours.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

RvJim

Reverend

No. 2 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 3:45 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I had a totally different image in my head of what you looked like. It is funny really, I guess very few of us know what the others look like. A couple of you are on my Facebook, so I know your faces, but the rest... only guesses.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 4:45 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
She's a real beauty, Andy. Rosie and Lily, our dogs, both died this year, at 16 and 14 respectively. My wife got me two kittens shortly afterwards. They're fun, but just don't do the same for me as my canine friends did.

Andy

No. 4 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 5:57 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
RvJim wrote:
I had a totally different image in my head of what you looked like. It is funny really, I guess very few of us know what the others look like. A couple of you are on my Facebook, so I know your faces, but the rest... only guesses.

LOL! Yeah, I used to be in sales years ago. After years talking to one of my customers on the phone we finally met at a trade show. We were both surprised at what the other looked like. He thought I was a short fat guy. I thought he was a tall skinny guy. We were both wrong. He was the short fat guy and I was the tall skinny guy! Smile

Andy

No. 5 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 6:04 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:
She's a real beauty, Andy. Rosie and Lily, our dogs, both died this year, at 16 and 14 respectively. My wife got me two kittens shortly afterwards. They're fun, but just don't do the same for me as my canine friends did.

Sorry to hear. You may want to check out some of the online dog rescues as you could become a temporary foster home. Just about all rescues need foster homes. Nice thing about fostering, it's just temporary and there's no commitment.

We tend to get the really difficult foster dogs (those that require lots of training or have medical issues) but you can request the easy ones as well. The really old dogs tend to be the easiest to foster. One of our fosters is VERY old. He's a big boy who sleeps most of the day, so he's no problem.

Andy

No. 6 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 6:07 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Andy wrote:
Izzy's a great dog. She woke me up this morning by biting my hand and not letting go till I yell. My wife just laughs and says "she's your little princess!"

Sorry to hear about your dogs. You may want to check out some of the online dog rescues as you could become a temporary foster home. Just about all rescues need foster homes. Nice thing about fostering, it's just temporary and there's no commitment.

We tend to get the really difficult foster dogs (those that require lots of training or have medical issues) but you can request the easy ones as well. The really old dogs tend to be the easiest to foster. One of our fosters is VERY old. He's a big boy who sleeps most of the day, so he's no problem.

StillKicken

No. 7 Posted on Dec 15, 2013 7:38 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Nice dog Andy, how did you come up with that name; Izzy?

My dog's name is Shadow, that was easy because he's black. A 2.5 year old Black Lab that thinks he's a puppy. He may not make it to 3(LOL!!); I just came home from a band job and...uuha...well...he...1/2 empty a trash can in the game room while my wife was watching the Cowboys loose another game. Of course she left it for ME to clean up.

sherm Big Smile

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Andy

No. 8 Posted on Dec 17, 2013 5:38 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKicken wrote:
Nice dog Andy, how did you come up with that name; Izzy?

My dog's name is Shadow, that was easy because he's black. A 2.5 year old Black Lab that thinks he's a puppy. He may not make it to 3(LOL!!); I just came home from a band job and...uuha...well...he...1/2 empty a trash can in the game room while my wife was watching the Cowboys loose another game. Of course she left it for ME to clean up.

sherm Big Smile

Yup, black labs and trash cans don't mix. Izzy busted into a trash can once and got her head stuck in the swivel lid. The funniest part is that she was walking around the house with the lid around her neck acting like nothing was wrong.

I think my wife came up with the name. Normally, she's only called "Izzy" when she's in trouble. Most of the time she goes by her various nicknames:

"The Biz" (sounds like Izzy and was some 80s rapper)
"The Boo" (named for the pathetic howl she makes when she's sad or late at night when she has a bad dream)

Yeah, you can tell we don't have any kids! Smile

kudoco

Adrian

No. 9 Posted on Feb 5, 2014 11:17 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Airedale terriers are amazing dogs, I used to have one that someone at home let out and she never came back.

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.
Andy

No. 10 Posted on Feb 9, 2014 4:16 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Too bad about your dog. Ours are pretty good about staying with us. We've never had one actually run off, though sometimes they'll sneak away to roll in a dead animal or eat something nasty or chase a squirel. Smile

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 31 milliseconds