Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Selling kits on Ebay: complete or in pieces?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Selling kits on Ebay: complete or in pieces?
Andy

No. 1 Posted on Dec 6, 2013 6:15 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Should I list this drum set as a kit or in pieces? Here are the sizes:

16x22 bass drum
8x10 tom
10x12 tom
10x14 tom
16x16 floor tom

I've been listing it as a complete set for a few weeks but no takers. I have had, however, many people interested in the floor tom. It's a Yamaha Recording Custom in deep aqua color -fairly rare color.

If I list it in pieces, the floor tom and 10" tom will probably be in the most demand. The bass drum would be second in priority. The 12 and 14 inch toms would probably have the hardest time selling. At least that's my thought.

I'm inclined to keep listing it as a kit and see how it goes. Anybody else have any advice?

technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Dec 6, 2013 7:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I say sell in separate pieces. You could probably get extra value by selling it in pieces. I wouldn't be selling a Recording Custom though. Those things are great!

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
pwc

No. 3 Posted on Dec 7, 2013 12:48 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have sold kits both ways - complete and in pieces. In that latter scenario I was, however, trying to shift an 8 piece and found that many pieces were not taken up so I built a mini kit out of the 16" tom and converted that to a bass drum, and mounted the 10" tom on a self drilled mount and suspended a 12x12 as "floor" tom. The 24" bass drum and an 8" tom I finally just had to give away. So the risk is there with a piece by piece sale.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 4 Posted on Dec 7, 2013 2:25 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks guys. I'm in no rush. My plan is to wait for till the Christmas rush is over as I don't want to stand in a line snaking out the door trying to carry 4 big boxes! Not sure what I'll do as far as listing the kit. I'm leaning toward listing as a set a few times. If it doesn't sell, then I'll try it in pieces.

HuskerFan

Joshua

No. 5 Posted on Dec 8, 2013 10:49 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
If they were cymbals, I'd definitely say pieces, but I think selling them as a whole set makes most sense for these drums.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 30 milliseconds